Part 10

"Caleb, can I have it?" I asked, entranced. Staring up with glassy eyes at the most beautiful dress I'd ever seen, I was whining at my newly-blonde boyfriend. I needed that dress, badly.

It was simple yet stunningly elegant. It was the colour of snow and was as delicate and frail looking as a snowflake. It had spaghetti straps that reached down to connect with a white heart-shaped bodice. The skirt wasn't too straight or too puffy, I estimated that it would stop just above my knee. The pieces, although boring sounding flowed together to create an amazing dress, a piece of artwork in itself. Wrapped around the waist was a velvet purple ribbon that completed the look perfectly. Sighing contentedly, I glanced at Caleb who was watching me with a curious look, as if wondering what I might possibly do just to have the dress.

"Please? Look at it, it's beautiful. I want it so badly Caleb, I might explode if I don't get it!" I whined.

"Don't you already own a million and one dresses, love?" he smirked. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I have about three and none of them are as amazing as this one!" I retorted. He returned my eye-roll and groaned.

"Fine. I'll buy it." he muttered. I squealed and grabbed his hand, propelling him towards the door.

"I love you, I love you, I love you!"

"You're lucky I love you too, Alex," he sighed. "Not many boyfriends would do absolutely anything for their awesome girlfriend."

As you've probably guessed by now, we've smoothed over our little tiff. After moving to a new hotel and a million promises that I wouldn't call or text Harry, he had to make the first move, Caleb caved and I dragged him out to shop with me. Being on the run is so damn boring, you can't do many fun activities when you have to be cautious.

Being a redhead is cool though. Everyone says blondes have the most fun, but my freshly red locks would disagree. I'm constantly looking in the mirror at myself, red really suits me. Matched with shocking green contacts and extremely girly pastel clothing, I look like a whole different person. I barely recognise myself sometimes.

Caleb handed his card over to the cashier after I'd located the dress and checked it was my size. I didn't need to try it on, I had the overwhelming feeling of knowing that a dress was perfect. I was pushing up and down on the balls of my feet excitedly like a puppy.

The card was extracted from the little machine and I smiled gratefully at the cashier. Her striking features like her high cheekbones, model-like jawline and her thin, pointy nose made her look even more terrifying when she returned my smile with a stony glare, as if I'd done something to offend her. I scrunched my nose up, confused but thought nothing of it at the time.

We exited the shop and Caleb had to restrain me from sprinting all the way home, reminding me that I had to look normal. Running faster than the average person could was definitely not normal.

As we drew nearer to the doors of the cute little hotel we recently checked into, I slipped on a pair of sunglasses and Caleb flipped up the hood on his hoodie. We've been extra cautious lately because apparently the One Direction boys had been tweeting about meeting a girl but so far, they hadn't mentioned any names. The paps had had a field day, coming up with loads of crap about which lad would win the mystery girls heart and if this girl was being, to put it bluntly, a slag. Caleb had been a bit miffed when one paper had said that Harry had seemed to take a certain liking to this girl, tweeting more about her than the others.

Can't really say I blame him, the chick was totally awesome.

"You're not allowed to put it on when we get to the room, Alex. We're having curry for dinner and I don't want all that money wasted on a curry-stained dress," Caleb warned.