Chapter 18

Hamza's POV

What did I just hear? Is this all reality? Is it a dream? Temme I am dreaming! Did someone just put up a proposal for Hiba?

"Are you alright beta?" dad asked, his voice concerned.

"Uhhuuu..uhhuuu...uheemm.. Yeah dad am all good" I smiled back.

"what is all this baji?" I heard Mohammed uncle say to one of the aunts I was introduced in the evening earlier, I don't remember her name though.

"what is what?" she replied ever so calmly and took a deep breathe. "look Ahmed is a year older to Hiba, both of them study in the same university, both of the families know each other well so whats wrong with getting them married" she continued.

"We don't mean it is wrong Fateh baji, but Hiba.... We don't think it is the right time for her... umm... I hope u get it...." Aunt Humera trailed off ever so nervous.

Ok so this lady's name is Fateh.

The very next moment she sent a death glare towards Aunt Humera. Which made her get back.

"Baji you don't get this, they are grown up kids. I would like Hiba to make this decision on her own. I don't wanna force her for anything" came Mohammed uncle's reply.

"Who's asking you to force her? She has all the right in the world to make her own decisions. You can go on and ask her. But Ahmed is one gem and precisely he is "My" son. I don't think she has any reason to reject the proposal." Came her blunt straight forward words.

Was this lady indirectly trying to pressurize them or even directly?

Between all this I was only thinking of what Hiba was going through. She must be feeling lonely? Or maybe she felt this is good as well? No by the type of girl she seemed to be, the latter is not her. Maybe she is need of a friend? Or maybe she is crying. There were a million thoughts and possibilities running in my head of what Hiba would be feeling. By the looks of it she didnt seem to like this Ahmed guy.

I and my dad just sat there all silent and confused. But more than confusion there was something else going inside my head. I couldn't point out what it was but I don't know there was something just not right about things going on here.

The whole environment went dead silent for a minute or two. Everyone except Ahmed had stop having their dinners. But it seemed like Ahmed was all aware of the activities happening here. Or maybe this was all he wanted.

"Go then! What is stopping you? Go ahead and ask her for an answer!" the lady or supposedly Aunt Fateh ordered Mohammed uncle. Which made him sigh.

"Why do want it so early? Give her some time." He said. To get a deathly glare in return from his elder sister.

"Alright I will ask her, but whatever her answer is nobody is going to pressurize her with anything after whatever her answer is AND I am going to do whatever she wants." Came his strict words. And his sister nodded.

And right then I just wanted Hiba's answer to be a No. I don't know why. Why did I even want her to say no? Why was I even thinking of what her answer would be? Why I am ever so concerned about her? Why am I even praying that her answer comes as a no?

Right then I realized I was reading silent prayers for the answer to be no. and abruptly stopped myself and turned towards dad.

"Humera, I think we will take leave now. We will inshaAllahutalah meet soon." My dad said to her sister. No dad don't do this. I wanna know what her answer is. Shut up mind.!

"But Bhai you haven't even had proper dinner." Came her nervous concerned reply. Yeah aunt, please stop us. Stoppp.!

Taking over my thought and mind, "we have had enough aunt, the food was delicious. We shall take your leave now."