Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Please read my note to my lovely readers at the end…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hamza’s POV

I prayed Zohar on the way back home. As I reached home I was welcomed by silence as I guess dad was taking his noon nap and yeah so am here in my bed thinking of today’s events. HIBA...HIBA…HIBA... It kept ringing in my head. I don’t know why. I tried removing her thoughts but, just couldn’t and don’t know why I was smiling like an idiot all this while, realising this only when my head snapped up at the mirror in front of me. Astagfirullah Astagfirullah i recited. I should not be thinking of a girl in this way what the hell is happening with me.  I smacked my head and lay back on the bed trying hard not to rethink of her as I continuously recited Astagfirullah(s).

Some thing was very sweet so good so subtle so peaceful for my ears, that I wanted to continue my sleep but I also wanted to wake up to see what it was. I wanted to just bring my mind to rest and just sleep but my mind wanted to check what was so enchanting and peaceful. Giving in I just sat up like a zombie scratching my head only to realise that someone was humming a nasheed. A nasheed I heard of many a times. The person humming it helped me get the tune but the words were still a mystery for me as I heard it a long time ago. But the voice were was it coming from who was so very interested in nasheeds here in India what I mostly came across were Bollywood songs and raps and stuffs. A nasheed, here?? To overcome my curiosity I followed the humming voice which took me to the window of my room. I did not want to open the window though but was forced to open it to kill the growing curiosity in me. And as I opened it I searched for the voice’s source.

I was met by a back of a lady covered in hijab till her toes. I tilted my head right to left and almost in every angle just to find out who it was and so I could get to see the lady’s face but in vain. I guess she was watering the flower bed. Her head was swaying slightly with the rhythm of the nasheed. Right then something hit my mind!

This…This voice… This voice seems familiar… I heard it somewhere…somewhere…in...In uni oh my Allah! This can’t be…no this cannot be her…

Right then somebody’s voice came in

“Hiba beta, can you please help me out in this” I guess it was phuppee (Aunt Humera)

Oh my Allah! This is Hiba. My classmate. The one, who I got slapped for. The one, who’s been mesmerising me with her voice. Oh my Allah this is her. This is Rahim’s sister my cousin, my phuppee’s daughter. No this cannot be this should be a coincidence this can’t be…what’s going on.??

As my thoughts were fighting in my head to believe it or not my head snapped at her direction again just to find a flower bed and nothing or no one else. I guess she’s moved inside.

Ya Allah! I need to solve this mystery. This Hiba and the uni Hiba cannot be same. I mean like how can they be. Rahim never told me.  I mean he could have said me that my cousin studied in the same uni as me. How did I not recognise the voice at the uni?  What’s going on?  Either ways, why am I so much concerned about Hiba? Nevertheless I realised it was time for Asr prayer but as i missed the jamaat in sleeping I will have to pray at home so I hurried towards the bathroom to make wudu and got ready to pray concentrating fully on my lord.

As I folded the mat and sat up reciting some silent prayers my mind again wandered to who this Hiba was I needed to know the answers to my questions or this curiosity would kill me. i noted it in my mind that I had to ask Rahim about it as I continued reciting silent prayers. After a while I heard the call for Maghreb Salah from a mosque nearby.