•one•

La media res

Louis

"Can I go to the bathroom?" The girl sitting front row asked, her hand held high. I had thought she was going to answer the question.

"Go," I pointed to the door. I really don't care.

As I was about to call on someone else to tell me what the artwork on the board was, I mean, cmon people this is an easy one, there was a knock on the door.

It's probably that bitch I sent to the bathroom.

Before I could even start walking over to the door, it opened and a very very attractive man stepped through the threshold of my classroom.

"Hi!" He smiled widely, "My name's Harry!"

"Uh, hi," I tried to smile back, but I probably only succeeded in staring at him and drooling a little.

"Sorry!" He walked into the room and sat down at my desk. Everyone's eyes were on him, and he was too old to be a student, "I didn't mean to interrupt,"

"Uh, you didn't," I blinked at him.

"Is that the Venus of Wilendorf?" He pointed to the screen of the smart board.

"Yeah," I nodded and leaned against the wall since he had taken over my desk, looking over the pictures I had set up.

"Oh! Am I in the right room?" He stood up, "You're Louis, right?"

"Tomlinson.. Yeah," I nodded, hearing a few snickers from the students behind me.

"Okay," he nodded, "I'm here for like shadowing or something I think? My classes don't start until next week so the principal said I should watch your class to get a feel for it,"

"Oh, are you teaching an art class?" I raised my eyebrows, for the past four years, I've been the only art teacher in the high school and it was tiring.

I teach everything from art history to 3D advanced computer productions. That ones my favorite, we get to use the 3D printer.

"Uh, no. Calculus," he clicked his tongue and sat back down at my class, "But he showed me pictures of all the teachers and everyone else scared me, your the prettiest teacher I think."

That really sent the class into a fit of laughter, so I just clicked the next slide of notes onto the screen and glared at everyone until they started copying them down as I walked over to my desk to talk to Harry.

"I wasn't informed of any shadowing being done today, but if you've been told this is where you should be that's fine," I had lowered my voice to a whisper so the students couldn't hear me, "I need you to be respectful in order for me to keep my class under control. "

His tone completely changed as I spoke to him, "Oh, have I not been respectful?" The friendliness left his voice and was replaced with complete professionalism.

"It's just that these classes look for any excuse to get off track,"

"Maybe they need to get a little off track in order to learn," his tone balanced on the edge of challenging now, "I mean this is an art class, you have them taking notes. Your classes have the highest test scores in the school, but it's an art class. Why are you giving so many tests in art class?"