Chapter 5

"Take good care of women, for they were created from a bent rib, and the most curved part of it is its top; if you try to straighten it, you will break it, and if you leave it, it will remain arched, so take good care of women." - Related by Bukhari & Muslim

***

I approached them, trying to ignore the additional person. I never seen the other woman before, and I had never know how does she looked like. But from the sight of the woman standing beside Zayd, tugging on his arm and pouting her lips at him, I had a distinct feeling that I was going to find out.

When I reached them, I stood beside my son as I put an arm around him, protecting him from all evil. I raised my eyebrows at Zayd in disapproval. He was looking very uncomfortable in the current situation.

My eyes gazed pass him and settled on the woman beside him. I took in the sight of her and I have to admit she does look beautiful despite the glare that she gave me.

Her almond-shaped eyes was heavily masked by the smokey eyeshadow. The black dress accentuated her slender eight-figure body. I watched as she flipped long brown hair which falls over her shoulder and ends at her waist.

"Zayd... I thought you said you're going to have dinner with me tonight?" She whined at Zayd, her painted red lips still pouted and her arms still clinged over Zayd.

I pushed Raouf behind me, covering him from the unsightly view. I stared her from head to toe and said with hatred. "Have you no shame? How could you hug him and all in front of our son? Do you have no heart at all?"

The woman stepped foward with a sinister smile, her perfectly trimmed eyebrow raised. "You need to get this in mind. I am going to be his second mother soon. Sooner or later, he will call me Mom. So why should I hide from him?"

I took a deep breath and let it out loudly, trying my best to control myself. I swear I was mentally thinking of slapping her flawless face but I hold back because people were starting to watch. I wouldn't want to be caught on camera that could go viral on the net.

"Stop it Fadillah! Just go," Zayd hissed at her as he pulled her hand.

I faced Zayd with a very heavy heart and a tear fall down my cheeks. "No don't bother. We'll leave instead."

I carried Raouf in my arms and walked away, not caring about the shouts from Raouf or Zayd. When we finally managed to get far away from them, I let Raouf down. He was sobbing furiously and I felt bad for separating a son from his father.

As I was calming Raouf down, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to find Zayd, looking worried. "Rabia! I was looking for you everywhere. Don't you ever do that again! I was worried sick."

I glanced behind him to see if there was a particular woman that I was begining to hate. Fortunately there weren't.

Sensing my curiousity, Zayd ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. "I've told her to leave. She found out I'm here through a friend. I didn't know that she was going to do attack us here. I'm sorry Rabia."

I lowered my gaze from his remorsed face and watched my son letting go of my hand and into Zayd's embrace.

"Abi! Who's that person?"

"No one," Zayd smiled as he picked Raouf up and stole a glance at me. He turned back to Raouf and asked, "Are you hungry? Do you want to get some food?"

Raouf nodded his head in enthusiasm and shouted, "Let's go!"

Even when my heart was breaking, I still follow them for our dinner. I blindly trailed their steps from behind, bumping into people, not focusing on my steps. My mind was distracted by the other woman. Zayd had mentioned 'Fadillah' which I strongly suspect was her name.

Fadillah looked so much prettier and sexier than me. That could be one of the factor that made Zayd lusted for her. Well, I have to admit, I have not been dressing myself up properly since Raouf started school.

After quitting my job as a Customer Service Officer, I had not been taking care of my physical being. I was too engrossed in taking care of the house and taking care of Raouf's and Zayd's needs, I had neglected myself. Of course, being a hijabi restraint me from dressing up sexily. But it does not mean I can't do that at home, right?

Suddenly I heard Raouf called out for me from far. Looking around for him, I've realised them sitting in the McDonalds. Embarrassed, I quickly get into the fast food restaurant and took a seat next to Raouf.

"McDonalds again?" I asked Raouf who gave me a big bright smile.

He nodded as he said, "Umi, it's not like we get to eat it all the time."

Zayd chuckled as he stood up, wallet in his hand. "We are junkies today. So what do you want?"

I bit my lips as I glanced up the menu. "Double cheeseburger meal with medium sized ice milo."

"Raouf?"

"Nuggets happy meal!"

I watched Zayd walked away, joining the queue as I mentally take note to start wearing those clothes that I have kept in the drawer.

----

A/N: sorry for the late update. As I just starting working, it's kind of hard to update. I'm not sure if I can make finish this book in time. Noooo!!!

Still will try to update by Saturday.

Vote for my book!! :) :)