Chapter 6

"The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: Whoever is offered an apology from a fellow Muslim should accept it unless he knows that the person apologizing is being dishonest." - Mishkat al Tabrizi, Hadith no. 5052.

***

I felt the warmth from the sun shining on my face and it was getting warmer by the second. I peeked under my lashes towards it and realised the curtains were wide open.

Who open them? I groaned.

I remember before we went to bed, I had the curtains closed. It meant someone was awake before me. I glanced over to my left and noted the empty bed. I touched it. It was still warm. Zayd must have just woken up.

I sat up and yawned as I stretched my arms above my head. I was so restless from yesterday's event. There was a gathering among family at one of my cousin's house in celebrating her newborn son. I had volunteered to help out with the cooking and it was definitely a tiring job.

I yawned again as I stood up, dragging myself to the bathroom. As there was no sound from inside, I opened it and gasped as I saw Zayd butt-naked standing by the sink, shaving his moustache. I quickly shut the door and leaned against it.

"Why are you so afraid? Just come in."

My heart skipped a beat. I had to admit, it had been awhile. I was suddenly feeling shy, like it was my first night as a married woman.

Suddenly the door opened and I fell backwards. In an instant, Zayd caught me before I hit the floor.

I stared up into his dark brown eyes and sighed dreamily. Zayd chuckled as he straightened me up. "You can be so cute sometimes," he commented as he pinched my blushing cheeks.

He had already covered himself with a towel and he was looking good with newly shaven face.

"Go and shower. I'll make breakfast."

I nodded as I shut the door and locked it. I exhaled loudly and took a quick shower. After my shower, I took a wudhu' (ablution) and do my fajr prayer which I had missed.

As I stepped out of the bedroom, I could smell something burning. I quickly made my way into the kitchen and saw Zayd wiping his sweat off his forehead as he trying to scrub the frying pan in the sink. I saw a few of burned toast on the plate nearby.

"Did you burn the bread?" I asked, irritated as I took over the frying pan. I hated when my pots and pans or utensils are been misused.

"Apparently yes, I think the fire was too big," Zayd sighed loudly.

I wanted to be angry but I actually felt something tickling my insides. Instead I burst out laughing which made Zayd looked at me confused. Then slowly a small smile appeared on his lips and he burst out laughing too.

I switched off the tap water and bend over the sink, holding the frying pan in one hand and the other hand holding my stomach, still laughing. Zayd leaned against the counter next to me, trying to control his laughter, shaking his head.

"Abi? Umi?"

I turned around quickly to see Raouf at the entrance of the kitchen, wonder in his eyes.

In the process of turning my body, I accidentally hit Zayd's arm with the frying pan. While he was hopping in pain, I burst out laughing again. I put the frying pan on the counter and sat on the floor, with tears in my eyes.

"I... I'm... Sorry..." I said in between laughter, holding my stomach.

Zayd grinned as he picked me up from the floor, bridal style. I squirmed under his arms, afraid he might drop me. He frowned as he put me on one of the dining chairs.

"You are so light. Have you not eaten?" Zayd asked, a frown forming on his face as he sat in the chair opposite on mine, while Raouf happily sat on the chair next to me.

"Ya," I said, shrugging my shoulders as I looked at the table.

There was some toast which was not burned and butter and Nutella for the spread. Zayd had a cup of coffee on his side while I have my usual - sweet tea. There was none for Raouf though. But Raouf was not complaining. He was already gobbling up the toast.

"It's my entire fault right?" Zayd questioned with remorse in his voice.

I glanced up into his eyes to see them wet. I sighed quietly. "What do you want me to say?"

"Please don't leave me."

My heart skipped a beat. I remain silent, but only God knows how much I wanted to say yes. However, I was still in doubt if he will still marry Fadillah. I was not accepting it, especially when I have seen her character last week. She was not the type who I would want to get along with. She was arrogant, selfish and heartless.

Zayd put his hand in mine as stroked it softly. "I'm really sorry for what happened. I promise I'll be good now."

I slowly pulled my hand from his grip, pursing my lips. Then I reached for a toast and a knife to spread some butter on it. I know he was watching me, but I choose to ignore him.

"So you want to play hard to get?"

Silent.

"Fine. Let's send Raouf to your Umi's then we go on a date tonight."

I stared in suspicion at him; however a smile surfaced on my lips. "Really? Where are we going?"

Zayd shrugged and chuckled.

I bit my lips to avoid smiling too huge. "But I need to ask Umi if it's ok with her."

"Consider done."

"You called Umi?"

"Yup," Zayd said, popping the P.

Raouf clapped his hands in excitement. "Yey! Will Khalid and Hamid be there too?"

"Yes, little boy."

"What time will you send me there Abi?"

"After Zuhur."

I smiled at the thought of going out for a date. It's been such a long time since we had a real date just the two of us.

After praying Zuhur prayer, I get Raouf ready and off he goes to his grandmother's house with Zayd.

I get some house chores done before I start ransacking my wardrobe. As I was going through my wardrobe, I sighed. I don't even know where are we going, how am I supposed to know how to dress up for.

So I called Zayd and asked for any clues on the location.

"Somewhere up high."

But I still can't decide on an outfit. Then it kind of struck my mind. Maybe I'll just wear the outfit on our first date. I was sure I was able to fit in it giving the fact that I had lose some weight for the past month.

-----

A/N: Assalamualaikum. First of all, I'm really sorry for the late update. It seems like I am unable to finish this book within 30 days (dateline is 11th Sept!!) I'll try to update as much as possible within these days.

I'm left with probably 5-6 more chapters.

Do you want to see Rabiatul's outfit? Wait for the next update!

I've realised I have silent readers. Please leave some comments. I would like to know how people feel about my book. Good or not.

Please vote as well!! Thank you fellow readers!!