14

I sat Frank down in the bathroom with the First-Aid Kit on the floor as I was wrapping up his hand.

"So- wait- he just came in and saw you on the floor?" Mikey asked.

"Not exactly. I was laying on the floor, about to fall asleep. I heard footsteps and I thought it was Gerard so I didn't pay any mind to it. Then he came upstairs. He sat on top of me. He covered my mouth and said if I screamed he'd hurt me. He kept licking my neck and up to my cheek. I-"

"Stop." I said.

Mikey stared at me while Frank looked down at the floor.

"Gerard, he's telling you what happened to him."

"I can't listen to this. The boy I want to take care of was nearly raped tonight."

"No- he didn't want me that way. I mean, no one could ever want me that way..."

"Frankie, that's not true. He was drunk. Sometimes when people get drunk, their sex drive skyrockets. They do stupid things." I put the first aid kit away. "And there's someone out there who loves you, Frank. I promise you this."

"Right." He said sarcastically.

"I mean it."

He took a deep breath and wiped his nose.

We heard clawing and whimpering at the front door.

"Sweet Pea!" Frank shouted and ran to the door.

"Frank- no! Let me get it." I said.

He stopped walking as I opened the door to find a little blur run into the house and into Frank's arms.

"Sweet Pea, you made it! Oh- paws are a little muddy. Sorry about that, Gerard."

"No- it's fine. But you need to go to sleep." I said leading him up the stairs.

"No! I don't want to!" He had a frightened expression on his face,

"Frankie, it's okay. No ones gonna get you."

"No..."

"I promise no ones going to get you. I'll be right next to you the whole night. And Sweet Pea will be there too. And Mikey's just across the hall. Everything's going to be okay."

He slowly nodded and let me walk him up the stairs. We got to my room, Frank laid down on the bed, Sweet Pea laid in a ball at his feet. I got in on the other side of the bed and turned off the lap. Frank let out a whimper and cuddled close to me. I couldn't help but smile at his action.

"Go to sleep, Frank." I kissed his head.

"Goodnight, Gerard." He kissed my cheek.

I wrapped my arm under his head and stroked his hair as he fell asleep. I stayed up.

There was something that guy wanted from Frank. He was sitting on him, covering his mouth, whispering to him, licking him- I cringed at that thought. He was trying to do it with Frank. I know he was. But he's been at the abandoned house before. The time Frank first came over when they came and when I saw them earlier. He was there.

He must know about Frank. He must want to use that innocence Frank has and take it away and ruin him.

I refuse to let that happen to Frank. I refuse to let someone like that use him like a toy.

Frank is not a toy!

Frank is a beautiful, adorable, tiny, innocent boy.

My thoughts were interrupted when Frank balled a fist in my shirt, his nails slightly digging into my skin. I put my hand over his fist and drew small circles over it. His grip loosened and he got closer to me.

I wrapped my arms around him and held him.

Sweet Pea stared at me.

"Relax, Sweet Pea. I'm not gonna hurt him. I just want to love him."