Chapter VIII

Hola. THIS IS A CHAPTER!

Just a quick little message to you guys while my thinking train is on track. If I use slang (which will most probably happen) feel free to ask me what I'm going on about. PS: In Australia, thongs are shoes (flipflops I'm sure they're called elsewhere) they are not the kinky undies that ride halfway between your cheeks. Those are called g-strings.

This chapter is intense and may seem a little extreme but the following chapter will explain why things are this way.

ANYWAYS thanks all for reading enjoy the chapter!

[Unedited]

The sun rose lazily into the sky, cutting through the glare of dawn and lighting up the small dew drops that littered the earth. Celia was awoken by the sound of noises in the next room. Rolling off the soft blue sheets she looked around the guest room in a daze. She knew a clock was here somewhere...

Above the dresser the raw, wooden, industrial looking clock face stood proud. 7:30am. Scrunching up her nose she sighed and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. Slipping on some uggs by her bedside she left the small bedroom and navigated the unfamiliar hall. She listened, following the sound of her mates voice through the walls until she found herself in a small kitchenette staring at the back of Cassius' head.

A small, square mahogany table sat in the middle of the kitchenette. Cassius sat on one end and a man Celia had never seen before was on the other. The man stared at her, almost in awe as Cassius kept speaking.

"Where are they?" He asked the man sitting across from him.

"Just by the river, awaiting their punishment," he replied. His voice deep, yet soothing. His eyes never left Celia, but she didn't feel the least bit threatened. There was something about him that made her feel calm. His eyes, light brown and creased at the sides were welcoming.

"Then there's no time like the present," Cassius stood and turned, his gaze raising goosebumps on Celia's arms. "Get ready, I want this over with before too many people leave their homes," he ordered. Celia frowned, a question forming on her lips.

"There's a couple that have committed the crime of adultery. They are at the lake awaiting their punishment," he answered before she asked. Features paling considerably, Celia took a step back, raised hands and shaking her head quickly.

"No way!" She stumbled over her words as fear clogged her throat. He watched her panic, a bored expression on his face.

"You're now the highest lady in the pack. You have to be there by law," Cassius stated. He felt slightly sorry for her, the way her eyes seemed to be pleading him. Asking him to change his mind and let her stay here while he did all the dirty work.

"Please don't make me go," she pleaded.

Sighing, Cassius looked away. "You have to. We all do,"

The finality in his voice caused Celia to drop her gaze to the marble floor. Letting out a shaky breath, she turned on her heels and headed back into the guest room to change into some second-hand clothes given to her by pack members of her size.

Dragging her feet, she made her way for the front door where the two guys were standing, speaking in hushed tones. She stopped next to them and Cassius looked down, giving a small reassuring smile. Heart quickening, Celia dropped her gaze, heat rising to her cheeks.

"Let's get this over with," the other man muttered solemnly before turning his back and walking down the hall.

"Come on," Cassius mumbled before following his lead. Celia sighed as she dawdled behind in angst.

•§•

Making their way to the lake Celia couldn't help but look in every direction. Drinking in the surroundings, trying to get lost in its beauty rather than suffer in the reality of what is about to happen. Along the way to the river another lady in her early twenties joined the small group of three. Aleara had caught up soon after.

Cassius stopped a few paces ahead. In front of him stood a boy and a girl nearing their twenties. Four warriors stood behind, hands crossed in front of their bodies, eyes scanning every inch of the land before them.

Celia felt bile rise in her throat as she glanced at the two criminals. The boy stared at the blades of emerald green grass beneath his feet, jaw clenched and biceps taught as they pulled against the rope binding his arms behind his back. The young girl sobbed on the floor. Her hair tanglet amongst the wet grass and dirt, leaving the blonde locks a stained brown. She weeped heavily, her whole body shaking with every outcry as she slumped on the ground, wrists bound behind her back. Each desperate cry caused Celia to flinch, it felt like knives piercing her heart until she looked away, unable watch her any longer.

"Cassius," her soft voice cut through the air, causing him to go rigid. It was the first time Celia had addressed him without the title. Glancing back he raised a questioning brow.

"I – I can't do this," she whimpered. His eyes narrowed slightly, growing tired of her complaining.

"You have to. It's disrespectful to them if you aren't here to watch," he replied curtly. "Just don't look," he warned. Stepping sideways Celia turned, angling her body slightly to the left and stared at the trees across the lake. The other girl had already done the same, facing the opposite way, gripping Aleara's arm with strength. It must've hurt, but Aleara showed no signs of pain as she stared at the scene ahead of her.

"Your Alpha is here," the soft voice of the man from the room spoke up. There was a quick shuffle and the girl screamed.

"No! Please!" She cried out desperately, the high pitch anguish caused Celia's stomach to churn. "Don't... I didn't mean to, please!"

For a second Celia lost her control and glanced back. The four guards each had an arm, trapping the girl and boy on their knees. The man next to Cassius was loading a small handgun as the Alpha loomed over the two teens. "Are either one of you mated?" He asked sternly, pacing between them.

"No," they both muttered, the girl shook her head furiously, tears spilling over cheeks like a constant rainfall.

"Well that makes it easier," Cassius muttered as he grabbed the gun off the man. "For committing the crime of adultery I must under the law of the wolves I sentence you both to death in front of the highest rank of wolves on these lands," he stated clearly.

Turning on his heel he gave Celia a sharp look; a warning to turn around and look elsewhere. The guards dragged him up and the girl began to scream again. Her wails made everyone flinch and Celia turned in haste.

"Don't kill him! Please don't do it! Stop!" She choked on her sobs as the boy was forced to his knees.

"Turn her around," Cassius said sternly as he stared into the boys eyes. "It's easier if you don't look," he told the him softly. "Please tell my family I'm sorry," he asked, voice raspy and dry. Cassius nodded slowly and the boy let out a small sigh of relief.

Taking a deep shaky breath, he looked around once more, watching the morning sun shining brightly, reflecting softly off the dew caught on the grass and trees surrounding him. He listened for the birds singing and quickly scanned the small flats where all the pack members lived. Breathing out once more he closed his almond shaped eyes as he stared up at his Alpha. Thick long lashes hid the mocha colour of his iris's like a needle and thread. Closing them forever.

Cassius pointed the gun to his forehead, right in between the eyes at point blank range. Sighing softly, he looked away and pulled the trigger.

•˚*˚*•˚*˚*•˚*˚*•˚*˚*•˚*˚*•˚*˚*•˚*˚*•˚*˚*•

I know it's extreme, but I promise there's method to my madness and everything shall be revealed in upcoming chapters.

PS: QCS currently has me like AAHHHHHHHHH so wish me luck!

VOTE | COMMENT | FOLLOW