Chapter XIX

I'MMMM BBAAAACCCCCKKKKKKK BIIIITTTTCCCHHHHEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!

PS: Photo up there ^^^ is of Aussie bush-lands incase you have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about. :)

PPS: This is like hella gruesome (It's just has a lot of blood) so if you've got a weak stomach I suggest you don't read past this little gadget ( •§• ).

If you're not reading past it please comment "not reading the end of this chapter" or something along the lines of that so I know to put a little summary at the beginning of the next chapter.

[Unedited]

"There are no safe choices. Only other choices." ― Libba Bray, A Great and Terrible Beauty (If you haven't read this book I suggest you do immediately)

• Cassius Point of View •

Cassius watched the colour drain from Celia's features, causing an eerie paleness to settle around her panicked eyes as she scanned the faces around them. "She wasn't near me when they attacked... I lost her in the crowd," she stuttered out. They stood there, under the confines of paperbark trees and unkempt shrubbery, the daunting silence swept through the quickly darkening atmosphere.

He felt the need to step towards her... to comfort her. His feelings have been like a tsunami since he felt her presence after spending so long without her. It was drowning him, plunging him under its forceful waves. They were relentless, not a second went by without him noticing the tides pulling him under. He fought hard to stay afloat. Never would he succumb to these feelings – these waves his that his father had ripped him from all those years ago. He liked it better when he sat on the shore, when the waves could be heard but never felt. Now it was as if someone had taken him on a boat, tied him to a block of cement and thrown him overboard. He hated the sensation of drowning. It was so weak. So.... human.

With the night came fear and irrational thinking. Cassius could feel the darkness messing with the young wolves minds, morphing their thoughts into something bigger and scarier than what they really were.Alpha Lennon nodded in understanding, his face was easy to read – too easy for an Alpha.

"I was just hoping she was with someone she knew," he responded remorsefully. There was no blame in his voice, just heavy hearted acceptance that his daughter was not with her friends.

"I'm sorry," she breathed, her eyes traced the leaf riddled floor behind them, watching as it disappeared in the undergrowth, becoming swallowed up by the night. Cassius could feel her anxiety rolling off her in waves as she blankly stared into the distance behind them, as if she could see the large clearing they had left behind. The soft wind caught onto her dark hair, forcing it to fly around her like a cyclone and slamming into her soft skin.

His fingers twitched and for a second he found himself reaching out towards the cyclone, his fingers longing to feel the silky strands glide along his skin. Soon enough his mind caught up to his actions and he withdrew in disgust. "Where are you heading?" He asked Alpha Lennon in an attempt to distract himself.

"Nowhere in particular, I just don't want to be sitting around like ducks so we're keeping a low profile until everything dies down," Cassius wanted to scoff at the man, what kind of Alpha didn't have a plan?

"So basically, you have no idea what you're doing," Cassius clarified, cranking the tension up a few notches. Alpha Lennon sucked quickly; as if the air in his lungs could stop him from ripping out the throat of the arrogant male before him.