Chapter XVII

Unedited.

"Chaos was the law of nature; Order was the dream of man." ― Henry Adams

The three girls sat on the bed in silence. Eve hummed as her body buzzed with excitement for the gathering while Celia felt just about ready to puke. The sun glared through the small window, lighting up the room while Celia stared at the clock before her, watching with dread as the small hand ticked loudly, reminding her she couldn't hide from the future.

A thick rope had seemingly entangled itself around her stomach, causing a wave of nausea to wash over her when something slightly off putting made its way into her mind. "I'm going to pack the rest of my stuff," Eve announced as she jumped off the bed enthusiastically. "You should too Celia," her voice softened as she looked towards her friends paling face. Celia shook her head, looking away.

"I don't think so," she whispered inaudibly as tears threatened behind her eyes. Sighing, Eve came to sit back down. She was never any good at comforting, but for Celia she would try her best.

"Look, I know you must be feeling a million things right now but everything happens for a reason and usually for the better," Celia felt her friends soft hand rubbing against her back.

Her voice quivered, "I just... I just don't want to admit that I want him you know? Like, if I pack it's like me accepting him and it's, I don't know, what if he still doesn't want me? If I get ready to go back with him I will be expecting to go back with him," she drew in a shaky breath, looking away from her friends comforting gaze.

"But what if he does want you to go back and you don't have your stuff?" Eve threw a glance in Aria's direction, hoping the young girl had some comforting words as she was quickly running out of things to say. Celia just shrugged, staring at her fingers in her lap as they intertwined and twisted within each other. "Well... how about you pack some things just in case and we will leave them in the car. Okay?" Eve asked, cursing her inability to be helpful.

Shrugging Celia forced a small, sad smile to upturn the corners of her mouth. "Okay," she whispered with a nod, allowing her long waves to fall over her face. She was in no way prepared for what this afternoon may bring.

"I only have a few things left. Once I am done I'll come back and help you," Eve smiled softly before leaving her bedroom. Celia sighed and slid of her bed, her limbs felt like lead as each leg protested against her brains demand. After making her way across the room in a sulky manner Celia opened her closet and began to sorrowfully scavenge for some backpacks or suitcases – whichever came first, for she didn't really care.

"Do you need help Alpha Celia?" Aria asked from the bed, causing Celia to cringe at the title. She was no Alpha by any means. In fact, she was possibly the weakest person she knew, forcing her mate to take her home because of a quarrel. What kind of Alpha just left their pack like that? In all fairness she had been Alpha female for less than a week. But that didn't matter, an Alpha is an Alpha no matter the duration of time they held that title and she ran away from everything as soon as it got a little messy. No, she thought to herself, she was no Alpha.

Celia glanced back at the young girl with crossed legs and fingers twisting long mousy hair into a thick braid. The silence in the room was painful between the two. As nice as the young Omega was, Celia just could not click with the girl. It were as if they were magnets. Two magnets can appear to be the same, but as you try to push them closer together, the harder they try to get away. Their personalities made it seem like they would match, but for some reason they just didn't.

Aria hadn't said much since arriving at Alpha Lennon's pack. Maybe it was because she was a quiet person by nature. But maybe it was because Celia had dragged her here without much thought of her wellbeing. The latter had spread a layer of guilt to settle around Celia since arriving. How did she not even think about how cruel it would be to snatch someone out of their life, away from her family and friends simply because she didn't want to be alone? God, she was a moronic demon sometimes.