Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I opened my eyes with a start.

I heard Elizabeth ask something, but I couldn’t understand it.

Enoch answered her. “She’s sleeping.”

NO!

I shot up and started to scream.

I couldn’t hold it in. I had just seen how everything is going to happen, and it ended up with everyone either dying or getting severely hurt. I didn’t want that to happen.

The tears were streaming down my face and my screaming stopped because my voice broke and it wouldn’t work anymore.

I could vaguely hear Enoch trying to calm me down, but I couldn’t calm down. There was too much at stake.

There was red in my vision and if I wasn’t careful I was going to shift right there.

I could see Marcus doing his best to move off to the side of the road, but the roads were thick with traffic and it wasn’t easy.

I finally took a deep breath and focused on Enoch. He was whispering calming words.

I finally calmed down and searched for Enoch’s phone. I don’t remember giving it back to Enoch. Did I drop it?

Enoch grabbed my hand and placed his phone in it.

“You dropped it so I picked it up.”

I nodded and began typing furiously at the phone.

We need to get off the road right now. If we don’t there is going to be the world’s largest pile up.’

I gave him the phone and his eyes widened.

“Dad, I don’t care how you do it, but you need to get us off this road now.”

Marcus nodded and cut right into the lane beside us, making the car behind us slam on his brakes and honk at us.

“What happened?” Enoch asked me softly.

I took a deep breath. I had to stay calm. I wouldn’t be able to explain anything if I didn’t stay calm.

I typed into the phone what I had seen and as Enoch read the message his eyes widened.

“Marcus, we need to stop now.” Enoch’s voice was urgent.

I felt so relieved that he believed me.

“I’m trying, but this car won’t let me pass.”

“Then make it stop.” Enoch’s voice was commanding, as if he was the one in charge. Shouldn’t Marcus be in charge because he’s the dad?

Marcus looked over at the car to the right of us and it started to slow down.

He quickly got in front of it and then over to the last lane.

He pulled over and started to slow down.

I looked out the window to see the black wolf getting close.

I made Enoch look out the window and he saw the wolf.

Instead of trying to get in front of us he was coming straight for my window.

“Stop!” Enoch shouted.

Marcus slammed on the brakes as hard as he could and the car lurched to a stop just before the wolf jumped toward the car.

Enoch leaned toward me, wrapped me in his left arm, and raised his other arm.

I closed my eyes. I didn’t want to watch what I knew was about to happen.