Chapter One

In the deepest parts of Africa, where trees grew tall and green and the sun shone brightly, there stood a little village named after a victorious war-leading king by name Usemba.
Usemba was ruled by a wise man named Esiri who had seventeen sons and one daughter, Sadiwe.

Sadiwe was the pride of the land, a slender, dark-skinned beautiful creature who was pursued by all young men due to her ravishing appearance.
With hair as black as raven's feathers, skin and eyes as brown as the God-given earth itself, she was the most beautiful maiden in the land.

She was as beautiful as her mother, Ekanem, who died during child birth to her youngest and dearest brother.

Being the only children of the king's most beloved wife, they were assumed to be the king's favorite amongst his eighteen children.

All seventeen sons, were brought up to be warriors of the tribe and to protect and conquer land just like all young men over the age of eighteen.

Sadiwe was left alone to take care of their father and did so diligently and very well. This made her father grow especially fond of her in particular and treated her better than he did any of his eleven wives and nine concubines.

Years passed on and finally Sadiwe reached the ripe age for a proper African royal marriage which is eighteen.

Hi there readers.

The story is based on old African traditions and norms of love and marriage. It doesn't really happen anymore in Africa nowadays although some tribes still practice them.

Tbh I had a massive writer's block due to finals but hey its coming along piece by piece and hopefully it could win a WATTY AWARD.

AFRICA IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL PLACE TO FALL IN LOVE.....UNTIL NEXT TIME.