Chapter Eighteen

Sadiwe's POV

"Okay what is going on?", Dentaa asked as we looked on at what was happening.

Horses. That meant visitors. Inner me reminded me.

" Sadiwe?", Dentaa snapped her fingers repeatedly to pull me out of my daze.

I don't really think I need to say what I was thinking about. Or should I say who?

Jeed and Rubadiri joined us from their work on the yam plantation close by.

I ignored him completely. I was still angry at him, or at least that's what I wanted him to believe, but I wanted to forgive him already because the butterflies in my stomach wouldn't quit and my expression was giving me away.
Even in our dilemma I was drawn to him like a moth to a flame.
God knew how much I was hurting myself by hurting him.
And all for what?
Something that happened in the past, before we crossed paths.

"Sadiwe, is that your cousin?", Dentaa pointed to the entrance of the palace.

I squinted to see what she was talking about.
I saw.
Oh no. Neema. That half baked crazy cousin of mine.

I look around to see if anyone else would follow. I was okay with one annoying cousin, I don't think I could handle any more. I silently prayed for exactly that.

Ugh. Prayers weren't answered.
Jumping down from what must have been the most handsome horse among the lot was my other puffed up, haughty cousin, Foné.

"Whoa, who is that?", Jeed asked, checking Neema out.

" That's my cousin, Neema.", I folded my arms over my chest.

"She looks like she can be my special friend.", his eyebrows sink in a look of desire.

Boys.

" I don't think so.", I turned to him, locking eyes with Rubadiri for a split second and looking away like nothing had happened.
"She's a prude."

"She doesn't look like a prude.", he looked confused.

I didn't take a good look at her. Her skirt was very short exposing her legs which I thought were annoyingly skinny.
Wow. It hit me.
She had changed since I last saw her.

" Sadi.", she waved and walked over to where we were standing.

"Neema.", I tried to sound excited.
"Why have you and Foné come?"

"Are you kidding?", she asked like I was an idiot.
" We're here for the Faraman Ma Fala.", Foné appeared out of nowhere and said.
Freaks.

I had completely forgotten.
It was May and the Faraman Ma Fala was celebrated to thank God for the bountiful harvests due to abundant rain.
I was forced to dance at the festival every year.
Another one of my duties as a princess. I roll my eyes.

"We've started preparing for the dance.", Rubadiri said, shooting me a look, knowing full well I would notice he was directing his statement to me.

Had he seen me dance before?
I wondered since I had danced every year since I was five and I had only met him this year.

I snapped out of my daze and smiled at my cousins.
" Samala's in the kitchen, let's go to her.", I lead them towards the kitchen entrance.

"Matouré look who's here.", I said, waiting for her reaction.

Everyone in the palace knew the one thing Samala hated was impromptu visitors.

Leave a message that your coming for the love of God!

She looked up from what she was doing and just as I expected, frowned.
"Lord have mercy! Where is the other half of your skirt?", she questioned Neema sternly, looking bewildered.

I tried my best not to let out the laugh I was holding.

Actually, Samala could care less about the length of the skirt. I knew because I wore skirts almost as short as Neema's but she never said a word.
The thing was, she hated Neema and Foné.
Who wouldn't?
They were so spoiled and vain, especially Foné.

Keïta walked in and saw what was going on. He smiled, knowing Neema would never hear the last of her outfit if she didn't change it soon.

Matouré was called Samala for a reason, but people seemed to forget that.

"Sadiwe.", he stood at the door and called me.

I followed him to the hallway.

" Tulasi's done with Asaawa's and your Faraman Ma Fala uré."

(Uré - dress)

How come everyone was getting ready when I didn't even know it was near.

"Do you want to see it?"

"No I'm not really in the mood for the Faraman right now.", I said and sighed.

"Okay, if you are just know it's in your chambers.", he ruffled my hair with his big hands and walked off

I went outside to look for Dentaa to tell her to go check out her dress but she was nowhere in sight.
Probably somewhere with Litan.
The sun was at it's peak in the sky and I could feel the strength of it's rays.

I wondered how all the farmhands were getting along in the heat.

I grabbed a fan and took a stroll around the palace.

I circled the farms, trying to convince myself I wasn't looking for Rubadiri.

Who was I fooling?

" So you're not talking to me?", I was startled by an oddly composed Rubadiri.

"I...", my speech was paused by his finger up against my lip and his breath now unsteadily audible near my ear going down my neck, hovering over my face a back to me ear again.

Waist ensnared in a tight lock of his strong arms as I feigned to struggle out of his vice-like grip, pushing me hard against the wall behind me.

The air got thicker with desire and an almost visible need to be trapped in each other's arms, forgetting all our troubles and our doubts.
How could one human being have such an effect on me?
Why did my mind tell me to reject him, but my body, bypassing all the warning signs tell me to do the opposite.
" Just know.", he began, breath getting heavier as his lips brushed against my cheek .
"You aren't going anywhere. I am not going anywhere. I love you, only you and I knew, I feel you feel the same."

"No."
What on Earth just came out of my mouth?
I meant the opposite.

"Don't fight it. Lord knows I did, but it's only gotten stronger, more intense ... Sadiwe don't fight it, don't fight me...us."

Give me release I silently beg my emotions to free me from my raging torment.

"Rubadiri!", a sharp, stern voice yelled from the other side of the wall.

" Get back to work!"

I looked into his face and saw the undeniable expression I was feeling too.
Like he had been awoken from a dream he never wanted to wake up from.

"I'll be back.", he reluctantly let go of me and retreated, still facing me.
Promise to return written all over his face and in the movement of his body.
I also noticed Rubadiri's little indication of arousal down there and I couldn't help but laugh.
That thing was poking me even before he started talking.

I wondered if he had noticed.

Are you seeing a pattern here?
😂😏.
What's happening Sunsetters?
I'd like to hear from you.
Leave me a little message and I'll get back to you ASAP.
Are there any boy readers? 👀
Lemme know.
Maybe Rubadiri can get a few pointers from y'all.

This chapter is dedicated to _theo__
Touch it is coming oo. 😂😂

THE PERFECT TRACK FOR THIS CHAPTER IS
JACOB BANKS - WORTHY

HAPPY READING 🔥💙.