Chapter 5

Bridgett's P.O.V

When the bell rang I took my time walking out of the class room. The second I stepped out of the door I was pulled to the side and surrounded by the guys from the class. The one that the teacher called Colton was standing directly in front of me. I was looking around for Dominic when I realized that Colton was talking to me.

"Why are you here rogue?"

I looked at him but said nothing. Of course this seemed to piss him off even more. I watched as his eyes darkened, signaling that his wolf was coming to the surface. He started to shake from the need to shift. Instead of being scared I couldn't help but think; wow he has major anger management issues! That thought made me frown. I was used to dealing with easily pissed off males and it never ended well. If Colton decided to attack I would have to defend myself. My wolf wouldn't like that. She wouldn't go easy on him. Through the entire time I was thinking Colton was talking again.

"I said awnser me dammit!"

My wolf wanted to back hand him for the tone he was using, Before she could try to surface a new voice spoke up.

"What the hell?! Back up right now!"

I watched as Dominic stomped his way over to us and stood in-between me and Colton. He turned to look me over to see if I was alright.

*Dom i'm fine.*

Dom nodded and turned to face Colton again. He let out a low growl when he saw how close to shifting Colton was. The other four boys stepped closer. Whether it was because Colton was about to shift or because they saw Dom as a threat, I wasn't sure. I reached out to touch Dom's arm.

*Calm down. We don't want to start a fight. We need to get permission to stay here.*

Dom relaxed but still glared at Colton.

*Fine but if he starts anything i'll kick his ass!*

*ya because that will totally help us get permission to stay on their territory! (note the sarcasm) Just try to keep your cool.*

Dom stayed quiet and nodded. The tension was thick in the air as the boys glared at each other. Neither one wanted to back down. I rolled my eyes at the testosterone filled boys. I was getting ready to just walk away when the most amazing scent hit me. It smelled like the air before it rained mixed with some kind of cologne. My head snapped to the direction the scent was coming from. I fell my eyes widened as they landed on a boy that was walking towards us. If the 5 boys in front of me were considered hot then this boy walking towards me was a sex god!

He was about 6'4ft. His black hair was tousled like he ran his hands through it a couple times and it looked so soft that I thought about running my fingers through it. He had bright green eyes. They are the kind of eyes you could get lost in. His lips were full and looked like they were begging to be ki-Wait! What the hell am I doing?!

My frown deepened as I stared at him. As he got closer I could feel the power radiating off him.

He's the Alpha....

Crap... I'm not ready for this! My wolf is already on the edge. If he says something stupid I might snap. I looked at Dom and noticed he looked uneasy. Even he knew this wasn't a good time to meet the Alpha. I looked towards the Alpha and saw that he was almost here. As I watched him get closer I realized he was watching me. My body stiffened under his gaze. I didn't want his attention. The last time an Alpha toke an interest in me, life was hell.

When he finally reached us the 5 boys bowed their heads to him. I just stood up atraighter and tipped my chin up. He nodded back to the boys barely paying attention to them. The whole time his eyes stayed on me.

"Colton. What's going on here?"

"We were questioning the female rogue nut she refused to answer us. Then this male rouge interrupted us." Venom dripped from his voice when he talked about Dominic.

The alpha looked at Colton and just raised an eyebrow. Colton just shrugged and continued to glare at Dominic. The Alpha then turned back to me.

"What's your name rogue?"

Once again I didn't say anything. At first he look curious but it eventually turned to anger when I didn't answer. He opened his mouth to speak but Dom beat him to it.

"Her name is Briddgett."

The Alpha's eyes darted to Dom. I watched as he sized up Dominic. Whatever he saw made him relax and a smirk graced his face. He didn't think of Dom as a threat...

"I believe I was speaking to her not you, Boy."

The way he said 'Boy' made it seem like he was mocking Dom. Of course Dom couldn't just let it go, so he did the idiot guy thing instead. Dom puffed out his chest, made eye contact (a major disrespect for an alpha) and spoke in a slow, confident way.

"Well, 'Boy', She can't speak. If you hadn't interrupted me then you would know that she's mute."

Dom held eye contact for a little longer before he had to look away and submit to the Alpha's wolf. I held back a sigh at that. Dom could be a hell of a strong beta but he wasn't as strong as an Alpha. He's lucky the Alpha didn't take him as a threat and attack.

Victory shined in the Alpha's eyes for a minute before it was replaced by confusion. He looked at me then back at Dom.

"She's mute?" Shock was evident in his voice and in all the faces of the boys around him.

"Yes. She has been for years now."

I saw Colton's face change as different emotions passed over it. Finally, he looked at me and it settled on shock and guilt. When he saw me staring in his direction he looked down. Lucky for him the Alpha spoke again.

"Why is she mute?"

I was starting to get agitated that they kept talking like I wasn't there. So when Dom opened his mouth I yelled in his mind.

"She-"

*I'M STILL HERE!!!*

Dominic flinched and looked at me with wide eyes. The other boys looked at us both with curiosity burning in their eyes. Then the Alpha asked the question that I knew they were all dieing to know.

"Can... Do you guys have a mind link?"

Since Dom was still trying to get his bearings after my assault, I answered the Alpha with a nod. He looked surprised that I was the one that answered. (Really? Just cause i don't talk doesn't mean i'm useless!) Before he could comment Dom spoke.

"I'm sorry bridge. I didn't mean to ignore you."

*It's ok Dom. It's not your fa-*

Before I could finish I was cut off by an annoyed Alpha.

"I don't like not knowing what you guys are saying to each other."

Before I could stop my wolf she forced out a low, agitated growl. This shocked the Alpha and the boys around him into silence. Luck was on my side because a second later the bell rang. I grabbed Dom's arm and started dragging him to class, which we were late for. While walking I felt eyes on me. When I looked over my shoulder I saw the Alpha staring at me with burning curiosity.

Damn. I've got a bad feeling about that boy...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okie Dokie! I have finally posted the next chapter! *applause in the back ground* Ok guys you know the drill!

VOTE!

COMMENT!

FAN!

Man i love knowing that people are actually reading my story and that they like it! No ones said anything bad yet so i'll take that as a good sign!