Chapter One: Swag.

-Hayley's POV-

*one week later*

I sat on the roof, my spot I would always come to relieve my stress. Everyday life was not the same as it was back in Alexandria, but it was getting better. We had water, food, and our family, and that's all we needed.

The cool wind blew in my face, and my blonde hair flew out of my face. I heard someone climb up behind me, and I looked around, seeing it was only Kelsey.

"Hey, Hayley," she said, sitting next to me.

"Hey, Kels," I replied, looking away. She put her hand on my shoulder.

"Look, I know it's not easy knowing that our mother was a psycho murderer, but she's gone now. We don't need to worry about her," Kelsey said softly. I nodded.

"But it always seems like something will come up again... Like if Jade and Brooke comes back... And then this whole family shit happens again..." I whispered. Kelsey hugged me.

"It won't. Things are getting better... We have these people now."

~Cat's POV~
My bow glided over the strings with ease as Carl and Celine watched me.

"Mommy, what's this song called?" Celine asked with bright eyes.

"Swag-by-Lindsey-Stirling," I said between the beats. She nodded and I put my violin down.

"Carl, perhaps I could speak with you for a second?" I asked softly and he nodded. I stood up and we walked out of the dance room. I opened a closet and we slipped in.

"It's probably going to be a cold winter," I shut the door behind Carl and he sighed.

"Baby, it's already fall, so if we're going to get packed up and ready for winter, we best start now," Carl smiled and I nodded.

"Carl," Rick called for him.

He kissed my cheek, and left me.
~
I tapped my bare feet on the cold marble floor as I sat in the lobby, reading Harry Potter. I hummed the same old song that has been stuck in my head since the fire.

Roundtable Rival.

It was a good song by Lindsey, but of course I wasn't good at playing it.

"Cat," Emma chirped and sat beside me. I continued reading until my favorite line came up.

"After all this time?"

"Always."

I shut the book and looked at Emma. Then I smiled and brushed my bangs out of my face.

"Yes, dear?" I asked. She shrugged then laid back into the couch.

"I don't know, something just tells me that something is wrong with you. Grayson keeps talking about how skinny, pale and blue you look," she closed her eyes and quickly became comfy in the seat. I looked away painfully and got up.

"I'm fine. How about you go look around the hotel, and take Violet with you? She needs the practice," I smiled weakly at her and she nodded. Emma skipped off up the stairs. I put my hands up to my face and groaned.

"Apocalypse life, eh?" Spencer said, causing me to jump. I jerked around to see him pouring coffee at the counter.

"Never have kids, or have to take care of them!" I snapped and yawned. He chuckled then gave me a kiss on the head.

"And that's when I started to drink coffee after I started to help Kelsey with Jake. So maybe you could do that too?" Spencer raised his cup to me then took a sip from it.