Chapter 2: The Billion Dollar Italian Nincompoop

'Welcome to New York City, it is currently 75 degrees Fahrenheit, at 6:30pm. We hope you had a good flight, and we hope to see you again soon.' The intercom above me bleeped, and every passenger stood up and begin taking down their luggage from the over head lockers. I stood up, followed the large group of people off the plane, and on to the jetway. My mind is almost in a haze, maybe I'm still half asleep from the plane.

I went through baggage checks and walked out of the airport. Suddenly, that fog in my mind cleared, and realisation struck me. "I am in New York." I whispered. "I'm in New York! Yes!" I pumped my fist up in the air, ignoring the weird looks that were sent my way. I felt happy, euphoric. "I am going to make it big in New York. I can feel it." I said to myself. Still feeling giddy, I started waving down taxis. After the seventh one left carrying a passenger, my mood dropped significantly. And it doesn't help that I am carrying three large suitcases.

"Taxi! Taxi!" I waved my hand frantically, seeing one stopping up ahead, I immediately started heading towards it. Something flashed in the corner of my eye, but I ignored it. "Wait up! Wait u- Oof!" I just ran smack bang head first into a wall. A moving wall. Who feels very muscular. Oh no, please don't tell me. I closed my eyes, willing that I am just dreaming right now.

"I'm dreaming, this is all a dream. I didn't just ran into someone." I muttered under my breath. I snuck a peek up, and I nearly fainted, right then and there. It was the hottest male I have ever laid eyes on in my entire life. Like ten times better than the cheesecake that my mum bakes, and I adore those cheesecakes. Dark eyes with gold flecks, short dark hair, strong cheek bones and jaw, full lips that is currently curled into a frown. Yep, definitely better. I pushed my eyes shut again. This is becoming all too real.

"Are you done?" The stranger snapped. My eyes flew open, his eyes glaring down at me as if I had chucked dirt all over his fancy suit and then poured water all over him. Oh. So I am not dreaming. Never mind, I prefer my mum's cheesecake better actually. You know how when someone looks just so attractive, but as soon as their mouth opens, you are like nope! Yeah well this is the case now.

"No I am not done, can you please watch where you are going next time?" I said, equally angry. A car drove by, and it was the taxi I was waiting for. "Oh for god's sake." I threw my hands up in the air. "Great, you made me miss another taxi."

"Me? How is it my fault?" The stranger asked, incredulous.

"Well if you haven't barrelled into me, and unglued your eyes from your phone screen for just one second, I wouldn't have crashed into you." I said, crossing my arms.

"I'm not the one walking like I'm crazy." He spat out.

"Well I'm not the one walking on the wrong side of the footpath." I shot back.

"There isn't a wrong side of the footpath, it is shared. If you had any common sense, you would know that. Now excuse me, I have to go. You are lucky I'm not going to ask for personal health fees." With that, he sauntered off. I gaped after him.

Who does he think he is? Me paying for his health fees? It's not like I poisoned him or anything! That nincompoop! Who made him king and shoved a stick up his arse? I turned around, and smacked right into another wall. Ow, I think I broke my nose now.

"Oh I am so sorry darling, I wasn't watching where I was going, are you alright?" A deep male voice spoke above me. I looked up, and a boy, around my age, with a mop of brown hair stared down at me worried. If I hadn't met the asshole before, this guy would be the most handsomest guy I have ever met. Why can't all guys be like this one? The stranger cleared his throat.

"Oh yes, I'm alright." I blushed. Oops, got caught staring. Talk about awkward.

"That's good. I'm also sorry about my mate Hunter. He just came back from a horrible business deal and is just grumpy. Don't take it to heart." The blue eyed boy reassured me.