Chapter 3: The New Addison

That morning I woke up expecting to see the room I had gone to sleep in. It had red blankets on the bed and two wooden shelves on the wall, with nothing more than a few decorations on them. But that was not what I saw. This room had pink curtains hanging on the windows that perfectly matched the new pink blankets. The shelves were lined with kids' toys like puzzles and dolls. I see he already did some remodeling.

Suddenly the door opened and Wesley stepped in. "Good morning, princess," he said.

"What is all this?" I motioned around the room.

"I did a little bit of shopping while you were asleep," he said.

"A little bit?" I pushed the blankets down to get out of bed. But what I saw was even worse than the room. "What am I wearing!"

"I also bought those, too," he told me. "They're more appropriate."

"Appropriate!" I exclaimed. I was wearing a sparkly pajama shirt and matching shorts. "Yeah, appropriate for a three year old!"

"Don't you realize that's who you are now? A three year old," said Wesley.

"A what?" I asked.

"You are a three year old now," he explained. "So you've got to act like one, dress like one, talk like one..."

"I'm not doing this!" I yelled. "Where are my normal clothes!"

"Until the month is up, I will keep your real clothes hidden except for when you work,"

I pouted. Then I realized, "Wait a minute, you changed me yourself!"

"You're going to have to get used to it," he said. "This is the new Addison, and Daddy has got to take care of you."

I pouted. "Let's just get this day over with."