Chapter 3- S.H.I.E.L.D. is hiding something

*Victoria Lynn (Barton)'s pov.*

I woke up in my room still in my suit, not remembering how I got there. The last thing I remember was being in the quinjet with Stark, Steve, Natasha, and Loki.

Then I remembered Thor come into the jet, knocking Stark into me causing me to hit my head on the wall AND the floor. I am not having a good day. First I forget escaping and had a panic attack, then I got knocked unconscious by Stark because of Thor.

I decided to change out of my suit into something more comfortable. I changed into some jeans and a black v-neck shirt with a jacket the front open. I grabbed the bow and quiver that I took from S.H.E.I.L.D. leaving my hunting ones in my room till I get to really fight because I keep some trick arrows in there to make sure that if something were to happen wall I stalking a herd of deer I would have a way to get to safety without having to kill more than what was need to feed my family. Before I left I grabbed my locket that has my twin's and mine pictures.

I walked to the bridge to see if I could find Steve or Natasha. Once I walked in I saw Steve, Natasha, and Thor sitting or standing around a table talking. They did not see me enter the room so I decided to transform back into a German Shepherd and lay down at Steve's feet.

When they all get up to do whatever their told to they have still yet to see me. I followed Steve around the helicarrier. When we pass the lab Banner and Stark were working to track the what ever had been stolen when we heard an "OW!" from Banner. Steve walks into the room and I follow him because in is intertaning to see everybody but Steve notice me. I stand at Steve's feet just far enough that if he moves suddenly he won't hit me.

"Nothing?" asks Stark

"Hey! Are you nuts?" Steve asked Stark.

"Jury's out." Stark told Steve.

"You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow Jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?" Stark asked Banner.

"Is everything a joke to you?" Steve asks

"Funny things are." Tony responds

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny." Steve said and with an after thought said, "No offense doctor."

"No, it's alright. I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things." Banner told Steve.

"You're tiptoeing, big man. You need to strut." Stark told Banner.

"And you need to focus on the problem, Mr. Stark." Steve told Stark.

"You think I'm not? Why did Fury call us and why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables." Stark said.

"You think Fury's hiding something?" Asked Steve.

"He's a spy. Captain, he's "the" spy. His secrets have secrets." Stark said before pointing to Banner, "It's bugging him too, Isn't it?"

"Uh... I just wanna finish my work here and.." Banner said stumbling over his words a little bit.

"Doctor?" Steve asked

"A warm light for all mankind, Loki's jab at Fury about the cube." Banner said.

"I heard it." Steve told him.

Banner pointed to Stark and said, "Well, I think that was meant for you. Even if Barton didn't tell Loki about the tower, it was still all over the news."

Barton. He said Barton. Does that mean Clint or some other Barton. If so why is this Barton working with Loki. I'll just figure it out later.

"The Stark Tower? That big, ugly..." Steve said before Stark gave him a look, "..building in New York?"

"It's powered by an arc reactor, a self-sustaining energy source. That building will run itself for, what, a year?" Banner said.

"It's just the prototype. I'm kind of the only name in clean energy right now. That's what he's getting at." Stark said.

"So, why didn't S.H.I.E.L.D. bring him in on the Tesseract project. I mean, What are they doing in the energy business in the first place?" Banner asked.

At least now I know what was taken. I got up and started to pace silently behind Steve.

"I should probably look into that once my decryption program finishes breaking into all of SHIELD's secure files." Stark said causing me to stop pacing and stare at him.

"I'm sorry, did you say..?' Steve said take aback.

"Jarvis has been running it since I hit the bridge. In a few hours we'll know every dirty secret SHIELD has ever tried to hide." Stark said holding out a bag of blueberries by the smell coming from the bag, "Blueberry?"

"Yet you're confused about why they didn't want you around?" Steve asked Stark.

"An intelligence organization that fears intelligence? Historically, not awesome." Stark said.

"I think Loki's trying to wind us up. This is a man who means to start a war, and if we don't stay focused, he'll succeed. We have orders, we should follow them." Steve said, a bit of his leader's side come out for us to see.

"Following is not really my style." Stark said being sassy.

"And you're all about style, aren't you?" Steve asked Stark.

"Of the people in this room which one is; A, wearing a spangly outfit, and B, not of use." Stark asked Steve. It was very apparent that Steve hit a nerve hit.

"Steve, tell me none of this smells a little funky to you?" Banner asked him.

"Just find the cube." Steve said before walking out of the lab.

"Take your dog with you." Stark yelled at Steve before he left the lab. I huffed in annoyance at Stark.

"Come." Steve told me. I guess that we are still doing the pet act with everyone who does not know I have powers.

I followed him out of the lab, and down the hallway. He stops at a locked door 10-C. He tries to open the door. I could tell by his face that he was using all strength. After a few seconds he got the door to open. We both walked in silently. I transform back into myself because it is easier to keep quiet.

We see a second floor and Steve jumps up to it first and reaches over to help me up. I ignore his hand and jump up to the handrail. I land on the outside of the catwalk with my feet on the edge. I jump up so that I am doing a handstand on top of the rail. I turn around on the rail so my back is facing the door. I land on my feet with no sound. I turn towards Steve and we start searching for a box labeled Phase 2.

Steve found the box first then called me over. When we opened the box we saw multiple guns and masks with the HYDRA emblem. I look at Steve whose rage was clearly shown on his face.

"Grab one of the guns, we are going to find out what they are doing with all this?" I tell Steve. He grabs one of the larger guns and we head back to the lab knowing that S.H.I.E.L.D. will know that Stark is hacking their system.