Chapter 10- 0-8-4

I was sitting on the ramp watching Skye unpack her van. She was joining our team as a consultant. She grabbed the bags she had thrown out of her van earlier before picking up a box of stuff and walking away.

"Hey, no joy rides, okay? That's my house." Skye told one of the agents who was going to be moving her van.

"No worries." He said before placing a pyramid contraption on the hood of the car that turned on the engine.

"Where do they think of this stuff?" Skye asked before turning around and walking past me up the ramp. As she started walking up the ramp it started to rise showing that we were going to take off soon.

"Oh, Agent Coulson told us the news. What a wonderful surprise. Isn't it Fitz?" Simmons said coming out of the lab.

"Yeah, a surprise." Fitz said

"No, it's wonderful." Simmons corrected him. "You must be very excited."

"Yep, first day of school." Skye said handing Fitz her box of stuff.

"Okay, so... just, sorry." Simmons said trying to move around Skye and Fitz to get to the stairs. I followed at Fitz seeing that I have nothing to do until we take off.

"Officially, it's an airborne mobile command station. But we call it the bus. We find it best to use shorthand when in the field. But everything has to be just so, you know, because of the danger." Fitz said as we entered the middle level of the bus.

"Yeah, I've been up here before, but I didn't see much because of the bag that Agent Ward put over my head." Skye said.

"Yes, so sorry about that. Water?" Simmons said grabbing a water bottle off a table and offering it to Skye. She took it out of her hand.

"Wheels up in two. Lock it or lose it." May said over the speakers. I moved around Fitz-Simmons and Skye as Skye asked a question.

"What's that mean?" She asked.

"No backing out now. Lets find a bunk for our guest." Simmons said.

"Oh, yeah there's only one left, and it's right next to mine." I heard Fitz said as I took off towards the cockpit. I hopped up into the right hand seat and sat down watching the sky as we took off. After we were at level and I could walk around safely, I got up and went to find somewhere to sleep. I found a spot in the hold in between Lola and the S.H.I.E.L.D. car. I curled up into a ball with my tail covering my eyes. I fell into a light sleep.

I drifted awake when I heard six pairs of feet coming towards me. I could tell by the footsteps that it was the team. Sence safe around them I drifted back to sleep when I heard May talking.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." May told someone. Apparently they did not listen because I heard a click they sounded like someone taking the safety off of a gun. Because of my sleepy state and my intents I jumped up and bared my teeth and raised my hackles. Who ever was around me backed up.

"Tori!" Someone called and I looked at where the sound came. I realized that they were not at threat. I stopped showing my teeth and relaxed my hackles. As soon as they relaxed and started moving towards me I bolted towards the storage area threw the lab. I was mad that I had not realized who was there, that I could have attacked my friends. I ran into one of rooms with very little stuff in it, knowing that means less people go in it. I found some empty shelves that were staggered so I could climb up to the top with ease. It was against the wall in the back of the room. The room was dark and with my dark fur I practically blended into the wall.

"Why did she react like that when she heard Skye taking a picture?" asked Coulson has I heard their footsteps coming down the hallway towards me.

"She was trained by Romanoff, Barton, and Lynn for mission that needed more than one dog or Lynn was injured or on another mission. She was taught to react to the sound of a gun." May explained the cover story we had in case it came up.