Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I stood there breathless as the words registered in my mind.

"They're coming after you, Stiles"

I had a hard time believing it. I had never even imagined ever being a powerful werewolf, let alone more power than the Hales. I looked up at Derek and he was just looking at the ground. Everyone was being silent.

"What do we do?" I asked, finally shaking myself into the reality that this is my life now and I have to deal with it.

"We need the pack to start training immediately. If these supernatural creatures know what means the most to you, then they have to know that you're back in Beacon Hills. I'll call everyone here tonight. They're going to have to stay here for the next few weeks until the fight comes," Scott took charge like the true alpha that I knew he was. I just nodded my head and went back to me and Derek's room. I sat with my back at the headboard of the bed and pulled my knees up to my chest. I was too busy freaking out to notice Derek come in and lock the door behind him.

He sat in front of me, facing me and rubbing his hands up and down my legs soothingly.

"Derek, I can't do this," I whispered, my eyes watering.

"What do you mean? Of course you can, we've handled things like this before" Derek said in a voice that could calm anyone down.

"Not like this, Derek. They're coming after me and my powers. I'm putting everyone in danger for my sake, that's not fair, I can't let them do this for me," I said letting the tears slowly roll down my face. I couldn't let everyone protect me like this. I left for a reason: to get away from the supernatural and not have constant fear of being in danger, and coming back to Beacon Hills had already reversed so much of that progress. The pack had all risked their lives so much, there was no way I was going to be the reason one of them actually gets killed.

"Stiles, they wouldn't do it of they didn't want to. They love you. A lot. You've saved our asses so many times that doing just this probably won't even repay you." Derek tried to comfort me but my mind wasn't changing. This wasn't fair to them, to anyone.

"I just want to get some sleep," I whispered, telling the truth. I hadn't slept in over 24 hours and it was catching up to me.

Derek nodded his head and moved so I could lay down. I heard him undress and felt him climb into bed, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me as close to him as humanly possible and resting his lips on my shoulder. This was the moment that I live for. The moment of me and my mate in our most pure state, laying together as if nothing around us is going wrong.

I actually could sleep through the night now that Derek was with me.

*****

I woke up with sun shining on my face from the window across the room. I felt the warmth of Derek's body pressed against me, and for a moment, I couldn't remember that anything was wrong.

I was quickly knocked back into reality when I heard a knocking on the door.

"Come in," I groggily answered.

"We can't, the doors locked," I heard Scott's voice answered and questioned what "we" he was talking about. I crawled out of bed, realizing I was still wearing yesterday's clothes.

"Hold on," I said, quickly changing into some sweatpants and a t shirt. I unlocked the door and opened it, almost falling over from the force that was pushed against me. I was suddenly being hugged by a group of people but after smelling their scents, I immediately knew who it was and I hugged back with just as much force. Everyone let go and crowded around me in a semi circle, their backs towards the bed.

"Stiles, we missed you so much!" Isaac said, tearing up a bit. I just smiled and gave him a separate, more personal hug.

"If you ever try to leave again, I will find you, and I-"

"Will kill you, got it" I cut off Erika and gave her a wink in appreciation f her movie reference. Boyd just gave a small chuckle and wrapped an arm around Erika's waist.

"What did I miss?" I heard Lydia's voice from outside of the circle. The group opened up, revealing me to a surprised looking Lydia and I stunned Jackson trailing not too far behind.

"You shaped up, Stilinski" Lydia said looking me up and down. I just laughed and nodded a thank you.

"Okay, is any one else going to address that smell," I heard Erika say. My eyebrow rose as I questioned what she was talking about.

"Yeah, it does kind of smell weird," Jackson said, looking around the circle.

"It smells like...like..." Isaac trailed trying to find the right word.

"Me?" I heard Derek say. Everyone turned around to see Derek sitting up in the bed, the blanket drapes over his waist and his hands behind his head with a sly grin on his face.

"DEREK!" Isaac screamed as everyone but Scott rushed over to the bed and jumped onto it, cuddling up to him. Scott used this time to sneak out of the room, off to who-knows-where.

"Woah, okay, are we sure you guys aren't in high school anymore?" Derek said trying to hide his smile as he wrapped his arms around everyone. Derek growled after a few seconds when nobody was making a move to get up. Everyone jumped up instantly and I couldn't help but to laugh at the sight.

"I missed you so much," Erika said, giving him another, very tight hug. I walked to the other side of the bed as she let go.

"Hey, hey now," I said, climbing into the bed. "Hands off, you've got Boyd," Derek wrapped his arm around my shoulder and smirked down at me. Everyone's mouths dropped when they saw us together.

"You guys are-"

"Back together?" Erika finished Boyd's sentence, and I looked up at my Derek as a nodded my head yes.

"Bullshit," everyone's heads whipped to the source the word.

"Excuse me?" Derek said to Jackson.

"I said Bullshit. Scott told us you're engaged, just stop pretending," jacking said, looking mor hurt and confused than angry.

Shrugged my shoulders and took Derek's face into my hands, smashing his lips against my own. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me as close as he could without pulling me straight into his lap. He kissed back with force and want, and I wrapped my arms around his neck to pull us closer. We were kissing as if there was nobody else in the room, and I pulled back before we went any further to a point where we couldn't control ourselves.

After all, we were still in heat.

"Damn," Lydia whispered.

"Believe them now, asshat?" Erika said, rolling her eyes and grabbing Boyd's hand as she pulled him out of the room with Isaac following them. Jacksons face went red with embarrassment.

"I broke off the engagement...kinda" Derek said, remembering that he never actually told Jennifer that he was done. Jackson nodded his head and looked away, avoiding apologizing.

"Damn it, Jackson, why don't you ever kiss me like that?" Lydia complained, stomping her heals as she left the room. Jackson rolled his eyes and followed her, closing the door behind him.

Derek quickly flipped me over, climbing on top of me in a straddle. "Now that I've got you alone," he said in a sultry voice with a glint in his eye and a smile on his lips. I laughed in time with him.

"Oh, baby," I said, trying to impersonate Beyoncé in Drunk In Love and failing epically. Derek smiled as he came down for a kiss, pulling me from reality once again.

******
(a/n: you guys waited a really long time for this I am so sorry but QUICK UPDATE! this is basically a filler chapter and I hate filler chapters but they need to be done. also, there are only FOUR MORE CHAPTERS. in case you haven't seen already, this is book two of the TRILOGY

yes TRILOGY

I have decided there will be a third book because I know you guys will NOT like the ending of this book all that much so that is your back to school gift: knowing that chapter 10 is not the end. i love you all, hope your classes don't suck to bad)