Chapter 7

Chapter 7

*Stiles P.O.V.*

I sat down on the porch after training some to watch everyone else. This past week had been nothing but training, and I could really tell how much everyone had grown. They trained as if they had been fighting for centuries, and it made me a little bit more at ease about going into a fight with them.

Erika and Boyd were fighting each other, but it was closer than I thought. Boyd was obviously stronger, but Erika would catch him off guard by kissing him and she would gain the upper hand. Isaac was battling Scott, but they were runners so they would mostly run away from each other. Lydia was learning some more things about archery from Allison and they were practicing on targets set up in the trees. Jackson was watching his girlfriend and would jump into the different groups to battle every once in a while. Everything seemed balanced and like it was going to be okay.

"Working hard or hardly working?" I jumped as Derek said these words. I looked to my side to see Derek standing in the door way with his arms crossed and his face was hard, steadily watching the fighting happening right in front of us.

"It gets hard to work when you're not in the right mind," I said, sighing and leaning forward, lining my elbows with my knees and resting my face in the hands. I heard Derek move and sit beside me on the bench, resting his arm on the back part of the seat behind me.

"It's going to be okay," Derek whispered, his face still hard but his voice soft.

"But what if it isn't? What if someone gets hurt or even dies? It's would be all my fault. I can't live with that, Derek," I ranted, stuttering and rushing my words. I felt Derek's arm wrap around my waist and pull me in. He sighed and pressed his lips lightly and quickly to my temple.

"Stiles, someone getting hurt or dying is just a daily risk in the life of being in a wolf pack. It's a risk they're willing to take. After all, you are the pack mom." Derek explained as he looked out over the training pack. I whipped my head in his direction at that last part of the sentence.

"What the hell did you just say?" I said, taken back by his wording.

"Hm? Oh, I said you were the pack mom," Derek said, looking at me with a straight face.

"I'm sorry, can you repeat that just one more time?" I said, still in shock.

"PACK MOM!" the entire pack yelled in frustration. I jumped, not realizing they had all gathered on the porch to drink some refreshments and take a break.

"What the hell, why do you guys think that I'm the pack mom? Scott is your alpha, isn't Allison your pack mom?!" I said in confusion. Right at that moment, Bella, Scott's daughter, waddled over from where her blanket and toys were set up on the porch and made grabby hands at me to pick her up.

"Exhibit A," Scott said, wrapping his arm around Allison's waist and taking a sip of lemonade. I rolled my eyes I picked up the little brown haired girl and put her in my lap.

"Stiles, it's like this. Yeah, Scott is our alpha, technically, but Derek was my alpha first. In fact, Derek was most of our alphas first. So when we are all together, I think he's more alpha-y. No offense, Scott." Isaac said, turning to Scott at the end and shyly smiling. Scott just shrugged and said, "none taken, I agree."

I put Bella down and she crawled back over to her toys. "So basically, since Derek is the alpha and I'm his mate, I'm the pack mom by default?" I asked, still amazed I was seen as a mom.

"Yup!" Everyone said in unison.

"Okay can you guys stop with the whole saying-stuff-at-the-same-time thing? It makes me feel like I'm in a shitty 90s sitcom." I said. Right in the moment, I heard sitcom laughs, but looking around, nobody was laughing.