F i v e

''Luke, Ashton?'' You ask, softly knocking on the door of what's supposed to be their cabin. You hear footsteps and within seconds someone opens the door, but that someone isn't Luke or Ashton. It's Calum standing in front of you.

''Who are you?'' He asks you with cocked eyebrows. ''You seriously don't recognize me?'' You ask him, also with a cocked eyebrow. He seems to think for a bit before you see recognition in his face. ''I do remember you, you're that girl from Ashton and Luke's band,'' he says. You nod before thinking about what to say next.

''Are Luke and Ashton here?'' You ask him while looking around. You don't have that much time. You told Bethany you were going to have a look around while she was showering, she'll get suspicious otherwise.

''Um, yeah... Why do you want to talk to them?'' You are a bit taken back by his question but think of a good answer before saying it to him. ''We have something to discuss about the song,'' you state, watching him going from really tense to a little more relaxed.

''Okay, Luke! Ash! It's for you,'' he says before leaving his spot and getting back into the cabin. ''For us?'' You hear Luke confusedly say before he appears in the opening. ''Oh, hey Hailey,'' he says when he notices you standing there. Ashton also joins him and smiles at you when he sees it's you.

''Can I talk to you? In private?'' You ask them both, nodding your head towards the cabin to indicate that you want some privacy. The both nod and get out of the cabin before closing the door behind them.

''What's up?'' Luke asks you when he sees your worried face. ''There are some nasty rumors going round,'' you say while scrunching your nose in disgust. ''Our roommates made them up, and soon everyone will know about them,'' the boys look at you in confusion. ''What kind of rumors?'' Ashton asks you.

''They're telling everyone Beth tried to kiss you, after which you walked away because you totally didn't want it or her at all. I was afraid you would've heard it from one of them instead of me...'' You explain to them both. Luke still looks confused, Ashton somewhat angry. ''Why does that even matter?'' Luke asks.

''Well...'' You say, looking at Ashton for permission. His cheeks turn a slight shade of pink as he opens his mouth and speaks up. ''Well, I might have a little crush on her,'' he admits to his friend.

''What...? We promised Calum not to Ashton. We weren't supposed to do things like this. I knew coming to that gathering was a bad idea,'' Luke sighs. Ashton looks really sad, and you decide to stick up for him. ''Luke, Ashton can't help it. It only takes seconds to get a crush on someone. Why are you even listening to your friends?'' You ask him.

Well, now you've got that above the surface you might as well continue this whole conversation. ''Hailey, I don't think you realize how important my friends are to me,'' Luke says while his eyes darken. ''I do Luke, I suppose you were just as unpopular as Ashton before you met them?'' Okay, maybe that wasn't the best way to put it, but it's true.

He looks a bit surprised, but then nods. ''Yeah, I don't want to lose my only friends now I have them,'' he softly says while looking at his feet. ''I understand, but don't you think we're going to acquire a little more bonding if we have to do this assignment together? You and your friends being nasty to either Bethany and I... It isn't really working,'' you say.

Luke hesitantly nods. ''I guess you're right. We could just do it, you know? Be nice to them?'' That question was directed towards Ashton, who's still standing there with clenched fists. ''Yeah,'' he says, ''we could,'' you smile at this little improvement, until Ashton's face hardens again.

''But what about the rumor?'' He asks you. You shrug. ''I don't know, I just hope we can get it out of the way before everyone believes it really happened. This camp would be so bad for either Bethany and you if that happens,'' you explain to him. Ashton nods understandingly, but opens his mouth to say something anyway. ''And my case isn't even the worst case scenario, Bethany's would be so much worse since everyone's going to believe she tried to kiss me, and I rejected her,'' he explains.