Chapter 5- Headmistress' Office

A/n- I am a mean person. I'm a horrible person. I hate myself for it. Fuck.

Chapter 5

Draco's POV

We make it up the stairs to the Headmistress' Office. It's completely quiet. All of the portraits hanging up around watch silently as we make our way it. Most of them are giving me pitying stares, while some look disgusted. Word gets around fast I suppose. I glare at all of them. I don't need anyone's fucking pity, no matter how pitiful I am, especially not from a fucking painting.

"Have a seat, Mr. Malfoy." Headmistress McGonagall says, gesturing towards the two chairs opposite in front of her desk. I do as I'm told and she sits in front of me at her desk. I wait quietly as she pours me a cup of tea and conjures plate of biscuits. She hands me the tea and I take it. It is too quiet in here.

"Offer him some candy, Minerva! That always cheered me up!" Says the portrait of Dumbledore.

"Professor Dumbledore." I say nervously, staring at his portrait. He has to hate me, after what I did.

"I would ask you how you are, Mr. Malfoy, but I can assume for myself that you aren't doing well." He says lightly.

"Professor, I'm sorry I-"

"You needn't apologise dear boy. We all had parts in the war and we do things that we have to do to survive. I understand and I don't blame you. It is not your fault. You have enough on your plate right now, don't put this unnecessary guilt on it as well." I nod. I feel my eyes fill with tears. I put my head down. All those years I spent resenting and hating Dumbledore, to find that he doesn't even blame me for anything I've done. He really is a great man.

The headmistress passed a time full of sweets forward. "Now, as we all can see, Mr. Malfoy you are in quite a predicament." She begins. "I just wanted to get you away from everyone and everything and to ensure that you weren't going to do anything drastic. That would not be good."

No shit....

"Mr. Malfoy do you have anyone that would be willing to let you stay with them until you are able to get on your feet?"

"No.... Of course not. Whatever family I have left is either dead, in prison, or wants nothing to do with me because I'm a fucking queer!" I'm getting angry. Can't they see that I just want to get out of here.

She gives me a sad look and sighs. "We are all glad you chose to come back Mr.-"

"I'm not. I hate it. No one even wants me here and I-"

"Deserve a second chance and have just the right as anyone to be able to sit and take your examinations." She finishes. "Draco  until you are able to stay on your feet or find a place to go you are more than welcome to stay here as long as you need and whenever you like. Hogwarts has been your home for years and it will always be here to welcome you if you need it. It will be completely safe from any prophet reporters I assure you."

"Why don't you kick me out? You can't have wanted someone like me in the halls."

"I have to admit, it was a bit of a shock to hear of your.... Preferences. But it is not changing my opinion. You deserve to be here just as much as everyone else."

"Besides the fact I am gay, I'm also a death eater.-"

"You were a death eater yes. But you were pardoned and a mere boy under the influence of his family. You deserve-"

"Enough. What I deserve verses what I'm going to get are two different things. Can I leave?"

"You haven't drank any tea or eaten and biscuits or candy."