03

"Hey sweetie. You're home early. Where's Shelby?" My mom asked, walking to me.

"She has to work in a project with a kid in our grade," I said, walking to the kitchen. My mom followed.

"Oh, okay." Was all my mom said, before I walked to my room.

---

"Amber!" I heard someone call. I turned around and saw Shelby walking fast to catch up to me.

"Hey," I greeted.

"Hi. Oh, I can walk home with you today." She said, happily.

"Okay. Why are you so happy?" I asked, smiling.

"I'm just in a good mood. Can't I be in a good mood?" She asked, sarcastically.

"Not unless Corey's involved..." I sighed.

"Yeah, well... He's not. Hey, you should talk to him," Shelby said, making me stop in my tracks and turn to her. She seemed to be caught off guard, but stopped and turned to me.

"What?" She asked, confused.

"I will not talk to him. Are you crazy? He's the most popular guy in the grade." I said, still not walking.

"Okay, geez. Don't talk to him. Its not the hard, though," she chanted.

"I don't care," I said simply, walking away from her. She said something under her breath, but I couldn't hear, and just decided to ignore it.

---

"Hey," I heard a voice say, as I shut my locker. I turned around and saw Corey, making my eyes go wide.

"Hi," I said, barely audible. The Corey Haim was talking to me...

Why?

---

Short little update. I figured I haven't updated for a couple days. At least I don't think I have. Anyway, hope you liked it! You'll find out what Shelby said and why Corey's talking to amber in the next chapter! ;)