10

"What do you mean?" I asked. It actually suprised me when she said it.

"Corey, he uh... listen," she said, sitting on her bed. "If I tell you this, you can't tell anyone. Not even that girl you always hang out with."

"No problem." I don't talk to Shelby anymore. Her fault, not mine. But, it's not like I'd tell Lydia that. I still don't really trust her.

"Okay," she sighed, looking down at her lap. "Corey... um... well, I'm pregnant."

"What?" I asked, shocked. Is she really trying to say that...

"I'm pregnant, " she said again.

"How?" I asked. I had a pretty good guess at what she was going to say.

"Yeah," she looked up at me. "It's Corey's." I couldn't believe it. Was she really going to lie to me? Out of all the times, and I actually thought she might seriously of needed my help.

"Are you serious?" I asked. Obviously, I didn't believe her. She had to be making all this up. Corey wouldn't do that. And I know Corey. Don't I?

"Yes, I'm serious." She seemed offended. If it's true, who wouldn't be? She just has a history of lying and over exaggerating things. "Why would I lie about something like that?"

"Sorry." Was all I could say. Did I really make that mistake?

"Maybe you should go. If you're not going to take me seriously, I'll find someone else. Like that Shelby girl. You two are friends right? Maybe she'll care." She said.

"If she's my friend, why would she care about you? She hates you." The words slipped out. "Sorry."

"Get. Out." She said, mad. I left without a word.

She lied to me.

Corey wouldn't do that.

At least, not on purpose.

---

I haven't talked to Shelby in weeks. I've noticed her tlaking to Lydia a few times. But, I guess maybe that's her version of payback? For what? Adding one more friend to my life? Whatever. Her loss, not mine, right?

A tap on my shoulder interrupted my thoughts. I turned to see Corey.

"Hey," I said quietly. He smiled.

"Hi. So, um... you wanna come over to my house after school?" He asked.

"Why?" I asked, suspiciously.

" 'Cause I want you to. Honestly, right now, you're one of my only friends." He said. I found that hard to believe. The Corey Haim. No friends? Doubt it.

"Oh please. Just a couple weeks ago you were the most popular guy in the school," I said, trying to cheer him up.

"A lot can happen in a couple weeks," he said. I sighed.

"Well, yeah. But only if you let them change."

"Okay... So, my house after school?" He perked up. I smiled.

"Sure,"

--

Sorry it takes so long to update. I haven't been as active on wattpad recently. But I hope you liked this chapter! :)