October

'Sealing the deal, eh? You truly are a horrible, despicable creature.' Inner laughed. 'What a loathsome piece of trash you're turning out to be!'

Sakura exhaled softly and leaned back in her chair. Kabuto paused whatever he was writing and glanced over.

"Is she acting up again?" he questioned softly. She nodded before looking back down at the files on the Rinha Clan that were on her desk.

"Yeah. Since I'm really going through with this, she hasn't shut up for a second."

Because the Rinha Clan weren't just known for their medical techniques. They had a special kekkei genkai that practically guaranteed her getting erased from the grid. Now was truly the moment she couldn't turn back, and she hoped to the gods that she wasn't making a mistake.

'And you know very well that you can never see Naruto again, traitor.'

She shut her eyes.

No. No, she couldn't.

Not ever again.

Day 4

"Do you... Do you not like her or something?"

Itachi looked over at a dumbfounded Kisame, his anger subsiding just the tiniest bit as he regarded his partner coolly. "Pardon?"

"I mean, it's pretty obvious from the look on your face and that ridiculous killing intent that fills the room when Sakura-sama's in. You haven't even met her before. What I really don't understand is how much hate you have towards her. You're Uchiha Itachi for damn sake!"

Itachi raised an eyebrow. "And?"

"And? You don't hate anyone! Not even your enemies! What is it about her that gets your boxers in a twist?" Kisame questioned incredulously. Itachi's jaw tightened slightly as he turned his head to gaze up at the Otokage's office. Hate? It wasn't quite the right word he would use for the situation. Anger? Rage? Resentment? Fury? Those seemed more applicable to what he felt this very moment.

The minute he realized who Haruno Sakura was, he came to despise her.

He knew who she was. Who hadn't heard of her at least once before? She was his otouto's teammate and was supposed to be one of the people who would draw him back to Konoha. It was all part of his plan for Sasuke—he would die for his younger brother's sake. With Sasuke fulfilling everything he ever wanted, he'd return to the village he left and into the waiting arms of her and Uzumaki Naruto. It was perfect. It was foolproof.

But Sakura ruined it. He saw a flash of pink through the office window and frowned. It wasn't just the collapse of his plan that pissed him the hell off. It was also the fact that she was previously the Hokage's apprentice. She had access to an extensive amount of village secrets, knew how the village worked, and was in the know of nearly every major thing that happened. Sakura could very well be the person who could bring the destruction of Konoha with the snap of her fingers.

There was absolutely no way he could let that happen. With everything he sacrificed to keep everyone in Konoha safe, he wasn't going to allow someone to waltz up out of nowhere and crush all his hard work.

His family didn't die for this happen.

Unconsciously, killing intent slowly seeped out of his pores and bubbled around him like a tightly wrapped cloak. Kisame cringed and slowly inched away.

"I didn't mean to make you upset, it was just a question!"

::

Sakura peered out of her window and shivered when she met an intense, red glare. She backtracked into her office and sat in her chair.