The Letter

Today was the day. The day wizarding legend Harry Potter turned eleven. Temperance had no clue how the letter would arrive for owls didnt usually travel overseas. Just then, she heard a knock on the door. "Tempe, it's Minerva, let me in," a voice said very calmly. Temperance Brennan rushed to the door, figuring this was the way the letter was to be delivered.

Throughout Harry's life, Minerva had kept watch on him. She was there when he was seven and went to the hospital with a broken arm, and she was determined to be there personally to deliver his acceptance letter to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. While Harry would not remember her, the woman he only ever saw in passing and was never introduced to, she remembered him.

"Harry, it's for you," Tempe shouted to her son who was in his bedroom, doing homework. "Won't you come in Minerva, I'd be delighted if you would stay for tea," she said with an excited smile on her face.

"I think I will if that is alright," Minerva replied, looking very eager. "I assume you know what today is," she questioned Temperance.

"It's my son's eleventh birthday, how could I forget," Tempe asked incredulously. "I assume you have the letter, Harry should be down here any second." Just as she finished that statement the young Potter poked his head out of the hallway.

"Who is it mom," the boy asked, confused as to who would want to see him. Temperance just smiled and waved the Professor towards the boy.

"Well Mr. Potter, it is quite lovely to see you again," Minerva said as she approached him. "I am afraid you most probably will not remember me, but I do remember you my boy. I am here to deliver something very important to you, a letter."

Harry looked confused as the brilliant witch pulled a weathered looking envelope out of her unusual robes. "What kind of letter," he asked innocently.

Minerva smiled and replied, "The best kind of letter. Your acceptance letter to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

The small boy's eye opened wide as he was handed the letter. He immediately broke the wax seal that closed the envelope to read what was inside. His eyes couldn't believe what they were seeing. When he finished, the only response he could muster was a "Wow."