Chapter 8

April 25th 5:30 am Madison's room

"You watch me bleed until I can't br-"
I shut off the alarm and slowly open my eyes. I yawned and walked to the bathroom. I turned on the light and the brightness hurt my eyes. As my eyes readjusted I looked into the mirror.

"Ayeeee." I said in disgust as I saw my messy hair and the dried drool on my cheek. I grabbed my hairbrush and it roughly went through my hair. Eventually I got the brush through all my black tangled hair. I quickly put my hair in a ponytail. I washed my face and brushed my teeth.

"Madison hurry up! We gotta be outta here in 10!" My mom yelled. I quickly finished and got dressed.

"Morning Mama." I smiled as I grabbed my phone.

"Morning sweetheart. Jen should be here soon." My mom informed me. I nodded as I slipped on my sneakers. My phone dinged.

BriBri👸🏼: you ready?
Queen Mads💖: you know it. You?
BriBri👸🏼: definitely. Meet you out there in 5?
Queen Mads💖: yea be out in a few:)
BriBri👸🏼: kk

I slipped on my Nike jacket, leggings, and grabbed my dance bag just as I heard a knock on the door.

"Hey Jen!" I smiled as I opened the door.

"Hi Madison!" She greeted smiling back. My mom walked over ready to leave.

"Good Morning Jen!" My mom smiled closing the door behind us. Brianna and her mom walked out. I hugged her and felt a weight on my back.

"Hi Jordyn." I laughed.

"Hi!!" The little girl giggled as she hopped off my back. Zack walked out of his room and walked over to us.

"Hey guys." He said putting on his backpack. I smiled and waved at him as we started walking to the elevator.

"Kids get together!" Ms. Kelly smiled. Our mothers took their pictures and the elevator came.  We got downstairs and ran to the cars.

I sat in the car and nervously twiddled my thumbs. A habit I have when I'm scared or stressed. My mom put her hand on my wrist.

"I'm going to be 100% honest with you. Okay?" She started. I nodded. "There are some amazing dancers here. And it will be tough. But you gotta keep your head in the game. You have to play the game. You can have your friends, but we didn't come here to make friends. You came here to win." She finished.

"Okay." I nodded. We pulled up to the competition building and hopped out. I put my dance backpack on and walked over to Brianna.

"Hey. So what happened with you and Zack last night?" She asked me.

"Nothing. We were with you guys the whole time." I answered as Jordyn ran up to us Zack following behind a bit slower.

"Whatever you say." Brianna giggled as Zack came over.

"Ready?" Jordyn asked. We all looked at each other and nodded. We walked in and went into the Dining Hall.

We walked down the line of food and put whatever we wanted on our plate. I grabbed a mix of fruit, and a bottle of water.

"Madison! Come sit with us!" Amanda waved me over.

"Uh sure! Guys, come on." I motioned everyone to follow.

"Can I come to?" Asia asked.

"Uh well wouldn't you and Jordyn rather sit with Lexine and Tua?" Elisabeth asked them clearly not wanting to sit with the little kids. Asia sadly looked down at the floor.

"Uh yeah." She sulked to the other table and Jordyn looked up at me.

"Um actually I think I'm gonna sit with them." I told them.

"Well why don't we all sit together." Hadley spoke up. Elisabeth sighed and the little kids moved over to our table. We started eating and soon Jeff walked in.

"Alright kids, We'll be sending in a camera crew in a minute with Kevin and Abby. You'll go over the schedule, and how the show Friday will go."

The camera crew walked in and we started filming.

"Good Morning everyone!" Kevin and Abby greeted, walking in.

"Good Morning!" We all echoed back.

"Alright, so congratulations on making it this far. But the challenge, starts here." Abby warned.

"We will have a group challenge and the winner of that will decide who gets what assignment. So work hard everyone. Let's go to the main dance room." Kevin said and we followed him. "Alright! So you will be doing a combo taught by Anthony. You will have 45 minutes and we will be back to judge you. Break a leg." They both left.

We started learning the combo and it wasn't hard, but it definitely wasn't easy. Soon enough Abby came back and we performed the combo for her.

"Alright. The winner is... Elisabeth." She decided. We all clapped and Elisabeth chose lyrical as her trio.

"Schedules will be sent out in about 15 minutes along with assignments. See you all at the competition." Abby waved as she left.

"Congrats Ellie." We all congratulated her.

"Thanks." She smiled.

"Hey." Zack greeted awkwardly.

"Hi." I said redoing my hair.
"So what style do you want to get?" I asked him.

"Probably lyrical. Because I wanna show my best skill first." He answered taking a sip from his water bottle.

"Same." I agreed as Kevin walked in.

"Your assignments are posted! Schedules have been sent out!" He announced.

Assignments and Schedule:
Lyrical Trio 1: Elisabeth, Brianna, Amanda C. Choreographer Molly Long
Hip Hop Trio 2: Asia, Tua, Jordyn choreographer Anthony Burrel
Jazz Trio 3: Zack, Hadley, Madison choreographer Ricky Palomino
Tap Trio 4: Tessa, Kayleigh Jai, Tua choreographer Gina Starbuck

Schedule:
6:30-7:00 Breakfast and Schedule updates
7:30-8:30 Group Challenge
8:45-9:45 Trio 1 rehearsal
8:45-9:45 Trio 2 rehearsal
10:00-11:00 Trio 3 rehearsal
10:00-11:00 Trio 4 rehearsal
11:05-12:55 Lunch and downtime
1:00-2:00 Trio 1 and trio 2 rehearsal
2:05-3:05 Trio 3 and trio 4 rehearsal
3:10-5:10 school work/ tutoring
5:15-6:30 dinner
6:35-8:05 all trio will be run on stage
8:10-10:05 all trios will be alternating from stage to rehearsal rooms
10:05 dismissed.
*when not rehearsing with choreographer, either rehearse with your trio or you will be used for interviews

"We have a trio together!!" I smiled at Zack.

"Awesome!" He gave me a high five.

"Madison, will you be able to do your school work in those 2 hours?" My mom asked.

"Yeah. I mean, I can work on it in the mornings too." I shrugged. My mom nodded and Brianna walked over.

"Wish we had a trio together." She sighed.

"Me too. But you're amazing in lyrical. So you'll be fabulous." I laughed.

"Well you guys will be fantabulous. I gotta go to rehearsal. Bye!" She waved.

"Break many legs!" I called after her. Zack flashed her a thumbs up and she ran out laughing.

The competition has officially started.