Chapter 32

The next morning I had to force myself to wake up, being so exhausted from the past month. I pulled on a sports bra a pair of leggings and my studio sweatshirt. I walked into the main living area and saw mom talking to dad.

"Glad to see you glammed up for today." She said sarcastically.

"Good morning to you too." I laughed and waved to my dad. We sat and chatted for a couple of minutes and then we had to leave.

"What are you wearing under the sweatshirt?" My mom asked, grabbing her bag.

"A blue sports bra." I smiled, pulling my backpack over my arm and she nodded.

"Well at least do something with your hair." She shook her head and I laughed as we walked out of the door. In the car, I did a French braid, which my mom approved of.

Sitting at the breakfast table we were all chatting about what we think the week will entail.

"We've done flexibility, versatility, characterization, what else would she want to see?" Amanda wondered, taking a bite of cereal.

"I saw them load in a balance beam this morning." Brianna brought up, much to Asia's delight.

"Really?" She beamed. Asia was originally a gymnast, and is trained on the beam. If the challenge has to do with that she'll definitely have an advantage. We all cleaned up our spots and headed to the rehearsal hall. We walked in to find a short balance beam. We all sighed, except for Asia who immediately started doing tricks on the beam. In a group eye roll, we all started stretching.

"Is it gonna be the Asia week again?" My mom muttered to Kris, and Kristie overhead.

"It's not Asia's fault that your daughter doesn't have a personality." Kristie interjected. I whipped my head around and looked at my mom. This became a full blown argument and I just blocked it out. The last thing I need this week is a distraction from making it to the top three. Abby walked in which caused the yelling to stop.

"Good morning. I'm sure you've noticed the balance beam here, hinting to our skill this week- balance. In the circus, balance is one of the keys to being successful. To show you that we have a special clip of Cirque Du Soleil: Worlds Away." Abby introduced a clip. We all watched contortionists do tricks on the floor and acrobatics do them from the sky. We all clapped when the video was over. "Take from that video. Learn from it. You'll work with Shannon Beach from Cirque, to learn a routine and in twenty minutes we'll be back." Abby explained.

"One more thing," Kevin reminded "the prize for this challenge, is two tickets and hotel accommodations to go to the premier of Cirque Du Soleil: Worlds Away. Good luck ladies." Our jaws dropped as they walked away for two reasons. One, two tickets to New York! Two, twenty minutes for the beam?!

"Alright so let me show you the routine first, and then you'll each have about three minutes to practice on the beam." She smiled and showed the piece. It was really simple, just a bonmont and a split. Well- really simple until I got on the beam. I couldn't get the split, no one could. "Squeeze really tight Madison, don't scrunch your toes along, it'll make it more difficult." Shannon corrected. I attempted to apply them and flopped forward, laughing. This is how most girls ended. My three minutes were up and I went over to my mom.

"So no New York trip?" She asked me handing me my water.

"I'm planning on getting it for the next four summers at Joffrey." I laughed again and she nodded.

"I'd rather you get that, than this I guess." She agreed and I shrugged. Abby and Kevin walked back in and we all rushed to our line. Asia started and hit the split at the end, and then fell backwards and gave a big smile.