Chapter 4: A Thousand Moments

So apparently plan did not work as I thought it would be. I apologize for that but! Good news is I have all dialogue done for upcoming chapters so it'll be easier to write rather than waste tme coming up with a good pace of words and plot. Reviews would be nice with some contructive criticism to see what I can approve upon.

Just a little heads up about this chapter: Nothing that totally goes with the story. This is just filling information about Antoinette's past and the first time she met Aramis :) exciting.

Disclaimer: I do not own the Three Musketeers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The palace gardens elongated along the sides and back ends of the buildings. They were rare treasures one could only find on a pilgrimage to the blue garden of Eden. Magnificent blooms of stylized lilies had become a popular identification amongst open spaces in between homes in Paris and across the nation of France. The lily specialized in its hybrid variations of colors and sharp pigments ranging from a fair maiden's blush pink to the outragerous stimpulation of orange.

Chopped bushes are kept at clean cut and regularly trimmed whenever the Queen outs of the the palace. Designated compressed gravel walkways added a whimsical wonderland effect when browsing through the spring rosemary bushes and daffodils that tickle occupant's feet.

The many cousins of gerberas were one of the few flowering plants that are always near the Queen. The long lasting flower out of it's soil hold the scent and color as if it were freshly bloomed. In between each row of carefully bred gerbera were the newly acquired fleur-de-lis created a sparkling rainbow from their wild colors that stood out from the proud overbearing longetivity of the gerberas. King Louis XII, the current King's father, adopted the ancient Greeks' tricks to fertilize the flowers differently then natural soil.

It's aroma impacted the whole centre of the garden: a wide arched room with tall circular pillars and demi-shaped dome. It housed a rounded table for the Queen and her ladies as well as a storage of mini chairs, books, sewing utensils, and a small sized bakery for afternoon meals. Inside were four footmen, standing at the four corners donned in the new color orange after the orange lilacs next to the King's balcony.

Queen Anne sat timidly at the table, fanning herself from a nasty heat wave drawing in from the south. Her petite frame overlooked the determined Antoinette, patiently awaiting an invitation for conversation. Her long curls were pulled back into a bun and her hands fidgeted at her sides from the new dress restrictions of a whale bone corset.

Though the Queen knew her suspicions, Antoinette did not feel comfortable in her own skin. Her body ached for more sleep as she woke up three hours earlier than her routine to assist the Queen's schedule. Her hair lacked it's usual shiny character pulled back from her face. She felt exposed and judgement at every corner of Richelieu's halls and in front of most of the gossipy ladies.

Her tea placement of French vanilla laced tea steamed off the cup with a spoon and napkin besides it. She carefully lifted the boiling tea and straightened her posture before nearly chocking down the scathing tea for stallment.

The aching pain in her throat dulled the pain in her heart but sharpened her wits when the Queen moved her fan away from her hiding face.

"I do hope you are comfortable here. Palace life can take quite some time to adjust," she said friendly. Her fan folded back to it's singular shape.

"Yes, my Queen," Her voice strengthened. "Paris is a most wonderous place to live. Of course, I am sure Austrian lands are equally as beautiful," She let go of the cup to dab her napkin on her burning mouth. The cool fabric did nothing but egg on the pain. With nothing else to drink, she bit down her tongue.