Chapter 5: Saintly

Chapter 5: Saintly

So happy to get this out of the way :) I think I'll treat myself to ice cream and a movie for finishing this tonight. Thank you all so much for reading so far and hope the work I produce is hope to people's expectations. If not speak up. Read and review! :)

Disclaimer: In no shape or form do I own The Three Musketeers franchise in media or copyrights. Do have though a paid copy of the movie which is a delight to watch over and over for the story lol Dialogue is soooo much fun to work with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The flurry of maiden skirts rushed past the drawn curtains. Morning glow averted from window to window, chasing down the scurrying maid. Her hands ran faster than her feet. The sun and the woman stopped the chase upon the woman opening the door and quickly disappearing.

Unsatisfied, sun beams poured on the adjacent window, looking into the distressed maid attending a sitting damsel, arms caressing a book by her sofa. The Comtesse eyed lazily at the short of breath maid with a few strands out of place in her bun. She fixed the askew lapel and apron.

The laid back Comtesse earmarked the page she left before putting it back in it's place on the bookcase. She gestured for the maid to sit by her vanity. Antoinette glanced in the mirror at the nervous maid. She fingered the wrinkles on her skirt, shaking. Almost as if she were bursting at the seams.

"What is it?" she asked anxious for news.

Her long awaited exasperation puffed out of her lungs. "My lady! My lady, the Queen wishes to speak with you," Her hands covered her mouth to control her breathing once more.

Antoinette quirked an eyebrow. She opened her mouth before setting her eyebrows furrowed. She glanced at the vanity. Many glass vials of perfume and eau de fleurs sat along the mirror wall with the cosmetics. In the middle of it all was an hald opened portrait locket with a silohette made three years prior. Her manicured fingertips traced the gold edges and then the shadowy marks of a man.

Her eyes lit up in excitement. She hurried away from her vanity, too happy to conceal her excitement.

"Perhaps it's about my request to leave the palace. Aha! Today's the day, Millie," she said running back and forth from her drawers to her closet pulling out fabrics and shoes all around. None seemed good enough except for the green velvet with lace around the bodice and a brown belt embellishment round her slim waist.

"Today's the day I'll see my Aramis," She hugged the fabric to herself. Antoinette hurried to the changing room and immeditaley switched the two outfits without a moment to lose.

"Most glad for yourself, my lady. Shall I pack some things for you?" In all her giddiness she forgot about packing some things. She pulled the strings tightly around her back as she appeared before Millie picking up the discarded clothing all over.

"Yes, yes. Thank you Millie!" she cried leaving the room in a short burst of energy. Her legs kept up as fast as her skirts allowed her. She took a sharp corner just within the reach of the Queen's chambers when she roughly bumped into someone.

Spotless clothing but the one wrinkle she disturbed, the weary eyed Captain Rochefort gleamed a mewl of irritation. Antoinette fixed her ruffled appearance taking one step back. Rochefort's left hand hovered over his sword with proximity that of a sly cat.

His gruff voice sent shivers to her. "Is it proper to be running around the Queen's wing recklessly?" his voice trembled over his emphasis.

"No, Monsier Rochefort," Her eyes narrowed to the floor silently cursing his name in her mind.