Chapter 18: All For Love

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First story completed! No, I didn't cry or jump up and down in joy. It was a sigh of elation. The story is done. I finished something many readers liked or viewed. It has been such a pleasure writing this story out from beginning to end. I hoped it met to everyone's liking in some form. :)

Do not forget that I am doing a sort of wrap-up interview sort of thing with the cast/characters of this story just for fun. So... any questions about the story or whatnot feel free to private message or leave a question in a review. I'll be happy to respond :) Nonetheless, I will still write it and post it on this story labeled as chapter 19 or whatnot.

And now...

Without further interruption...

The last part of All For Love is down below!

l

l

l

v

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 18: All For Love

One of the tidious tasks the Cardinal had to endure the childish would-be king, was the expectant opportunity to turn a small happening into a frivolous event. In it's grandiose, the celebration of the ball was merely a rouse. A rise to expose the Queen for the fraud he had implemented. Single handedly it would be the highlight of his career.

To divide the monarchy would surely signal to the Pope his plummage to rise from the ashes of a broken House. Once the Pope gave him the reign he had desired for, only then will France become the Western light, a beacon for all others to kneel before his new continental order.

Richelieu had dressed for such an occasion. The blood-red cape he adorned was freshly stitched and ironed down by the French maids. Polished gold and silver rings draped his fingers like digit gauntlets. He circled the balcony overlooking the set up in the gardens. Maypoles were strategically placed around the fountain. With the precision of a hawk's eye, he narrowed down at the scrawny serfs bringing platter upon platter of the scrumptious buffet fit for the King's palette. The orchestra strung up the rest of their rehersal with head maestro beckoning orders for second chairmen to straighten up or for the violins to be tuned.

Many looked upon the Cardinal with fear. They rivaled, they scorned his very name. In the name of all heavens he shown no man any reason to fear him... aside from those who rebelled against his order. In his studies, he knew the world to be cruel and wicked. Without order and dignity. He had every intended to let God's Word to be re-taught and reinforced.

He crossed his arms as gardeners picked and plucked any deformities. They clipped away the weeds. Baskets of undesired flowers were shipped off to other servants and so on until they reached the scum-filled landfills.

I am a gardener. He began to ponder on the cobblestone steps. God has given me the privilege to weed out the undesirables. Once he held the scepter and was crowned, new ordinances must be made. God had no room in his Heaven to pillagers, vagabonds, or loose interpreted men. It was his mission to rid the world of the impure.

As a smirk developed on his face, he looked away from the botatious scenery. He plucked a bit of loose grass from his robes and flicked it away to the air. With much disdain he hastened back to the indoors with a purpose. Too much fresh air for big ideas. He need condensed thoughts: neat and curved onto paper- not airy passable dreams.

Unfortunately the inside was hardly as amusing as the outside.

It all started with a rushed usherman relaying the news from the street. Peasants were worried about a disturbance near Notre Dame. His ears perked at the home of the city's chapel. About a collision between two flying ships. His eyes widened with dread.