She is the Post-it Note Girl- Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Theme of the Day: Failure..again.

Christopher

*

It's raining. It's not supposed to rain in California. That's why they call it sunny California. But nope. They lied. Stupid marketing.

I frowned, looking out the window of my English class, waiting for it to end. I looked back over to the clock, ten more minutes and it's lunch. The bell finally rang after an aggravating couple minutes, but my English teacher, Mr. Ellis asked me to stay behind. I groaned at him, while he just glared and motioned for me to sit in the chair in front of his desk. 

I plumped into the chair, waiting to either detention and for how long. Mr. Ellis sighed and sat down across from me. I waited for the punishment that was soon to come but he surprised me. 

"You don't have detention." He said with a sly smile. I sighed in relief. If I get three more detentions, I'm expelled, which wouldn't be good. "But you aren't off the hook, Mr. Northing." 

I knew it was too good to be true. "You are failing English." He said in a stern voice. What? Failing? I thought I was passing! This is not good..

"Mr. Northing, you need more credits to pass sophomore year. I don't know if I can pass you due to your lack of participation and test scores. You would need an A on an assignment to get at least a C." He told me with a frown on his face. Wow..this..sucks.

"So..give me some assigments." I said shrugging, leaning back on the chair. He sighed and rubbed his forehead with his fingers. "It's not that simple Chris. We only have a month and a half left of school and I have no assignment worth the points you need." I sagged in my seat. Is he serious? Couldn't he have come to me sooner!?

"Well..there is a way.." He trailed off, looking at me expectantly. I perked up instanty, I could pass this year with my buddies. Thank god.

"Well..What is it?" I prodded at him, excited that I could go onto the next grade. 

"It's a writing assignment." My good mood went down again. Writing? Me? I suck at writing. That is one of the reasons I am probably failing this class. 

"But...it's on a topic of your choice. Though it has to be unique. Not anything like last weeks school basketball team win or something like that. Something hard hitting, something that will be interesting. Something, no has ever written about." He said with such enthusiasm, I thought he might start dancing..

"Oh..I can try?" I said it as a question because I wasn't really sure if I could do anything like that. But there is no harm in trying, I guess. But five weeks to make an amazing paper? Could I do that?

"Good! I hate failing people. Well you have to turn in the paper some time during the last week of school to me. And let it be A material. Well, have a good lunch." Mr. Ellis said with a rush, packing up his stuff and shooing me out. I guess he likes his lunch just as much as me..

Mr. Ellis practically pushed me out the door and sprints to the teachers lounge. Wow, someone really loves his lunchtime. Well, I guess this means I have to find an 'interesting' topic to write about. But what? I mean, I play soccer, not write about things. There isn't anything interesting that happens around my school..other than this Post-it note chick. Not like I would get lucky enough to find out her identity.

She has been writing these notes since my freshman year. I'm guessing she is like a sophomore, like me, but you can't always be sure. She is pretty popular around here. Like a secret celebrity...

She has even left a couple of notes for me. Things that were in code that I still haven't figured out, but it's not like I kept them anyway. Everyone else does, but I don't. 

I looked around the hallway and spotted a girl who had long brown hair that swung over her shoulder so it obscured her face. She was wearing jean shorts, a blue tank top, and some high-top sneakers. She looked pretty short from where I could see but not super short. She was writing something something on a Post-it note.

My gut told me to hide and so I did. I hid behind a trashcan and watched her. What was she doing? She finished what she was writing and put it on a persons locker. Then looked around to see if anyone was there and I quickly hid, hoping she didn't see me. When I didn't here anyone coming, I looked out behind the trashcan and saw the girl walking away and into the library. 

I got up from behind the trashcan and walked over to the locker. I looked at the pink Post-it and saw some kind of inspiring message written in sharpie. Then I saw who signed the note and my eyes widened in realization.

Oh my god! That chick was Post-it Note girl! I wasn't sure if it was just a coencidence but I didn't care. I was going to use this to my advantage. I went to the library and entered. People were looking at me weirdly. I guess this isn't the usual place people found me in..

I surveyed the place until it landed on the mystery girl.

Her brown hair still kept her identity secret but I was determined to figure out who this was. I sat at the table right across from hers and opened my notebook, taking little notes. I wasn't sure why, but people say taking notes help. I wrote down random things like, 

-Brown hair.

-Writing in notebook.

She was sitting at a table writing something down in her notebook, but shut it just as quickly. Then she looked up.

Finally! I screamed in my head. But my excitement went down just as fast. It was Confidence Meyers. The weird, shy girl with the strange name. Her murky green eyes bore into me, like she knew what I was doing. 

My eyes widened in shock and I quickly gathered my things and gave a glare to make sure she didn't think I was following her. With one last glance, I left the library.

*

The rest of the day had been pretty boring. I decided not to tell anyone about Confidence being Post-it note girl. This was hard hitting, surprising, and huge. I wasn't going to let people mess up my A+. I think I decided to write about her life and figure out why she does the notes anyways. I just hope I can do all of this without getting caught and in less than two months.

Well this April will be eventful...

*

Copyright 2012©Lovesoreel

Woo! Next chapter. Sorry, if they are really short, but the beginning is the hardest. Ask any writer. So they may be a couple shorties but eh, at least I'm uploading! :) So if you haven't already heard, I have taken down "The Alpha's Love Song" and "Peasant to Princess". I will only be uploading ADLS and this story this summer. Including Alpha's Dirty Little Secret's sequel. :)

So enjoy and vote!

VOTE(:

COMMENT(:

FAN(:

Thanks!