She is the Post-it Note Girl- Chapter 2

Chapter 2 

Theme of the Day: Pain and the Past

Christopher

*

I walked to the door of my house and stopped. I really don't want to go inside. Now don't get the wrong idea. My parents aren't abusive in any way nor do they fight a lot. It's nothing like that. In fact, it's the complete opposite. They are so caring they suffocate me. I hate them. It sounds really wrong. But I don't care. I'm a flying solo type of guy. Today had shaken me, yet excited me, up so badly that I didn't want to see either of them, especially my mother.

I hesitate as I reach for the handle. Do I really want to endure what my mom is going to say about me being late for dinner? No. I'm pleasantly surprised she hasn't contacted the police yet. Ever since Sadie..well died, my mom has been twittering into my business and watching over me more carefully, it should sound sweet but she takes overprotective to whole other level. Considering she's a nurse and my father being a priest, it's pretty hard to be the son they always wanted, so I just don't.

 My hand is barely on the knob when the door goes flying open, revealing my mother in her 'Kiss the cook' apron and brownie batter on her face with a worried look on her face. My mother bakes..a lot when she gets nervous or worried. 

One time, I was over at my friends and I forgot to tell my mom, so later I come back and the house was, literally, filled with baskets of baked goods. No joke. We had cookies coming out our asses.

"Where in the world have you been!?" She had her worried slash mad face on. She had her manicured hand on her hip and was twisting her lips in a angry way.

"Out." I said vaguely. Not like I was trying to be a jerk or anything but I didn't want her to know I was trailing some loner chick who is secretly the girl who makes everyone's days and is the best kept secret in the history of this town, other than Mr. Renoyld's secret Vegas marriage to a hooker, but that's beside the point.

"Out where?" She asked, narrowly her eyes with suspicion. I shrugged and moved past her upstairs towards my room. She grabbed my arm, not hard but it stopped me and made me face her.

"Chris, I want to know where you go, who you are with, and what you do to the exact detail and you will not walk away from me unless I get that information from you." She had her super pissed off face showing but I didn't care. I'm 16, almost 17! 

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, ignoring her, walking up the stairs to my room.

"Christopher Matthews!" She yelled up the stairs with a huff. I froze for a millisecond in shock when she used my middle name, but shook it off just as quickly. My mom only uses my middle name when she is really very mad.

I stomped up to my room, pressed play on my ihome and let the words of Good Charlotte run through my mind. I looked up to see a picture of my little sister Sadie on my wall, smiling without a care in the world. Sadie died of Leukemia when she was seven, only two years ago. It was so sudden..no one expected it. She was always so energetic and happy, it didn't make sense. She spent the last few months of her life in a children's hospital, but she was still somehow the same little healthy girl even though she couldn't leave the hospital because of her state, but Sadie didn't mind. Apparently, a very pretty lady was taking care of her, someone she wanted me to meet but we never did. Sadie helped bring everyone's spirits up even though she sometimes couldn't bring up her own. For a seven year old, she was very mature and insightful, so she knew what was happening and that she was slowly dying but she didn't act like it. That's what made her so damn special so when she died, it was like the world had stopped for everyone...everyone but my parents.