She is the Post-it Note Girl- Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Theme of the Day: Hope

Confidence

*

Boys and how they think. The biggest unsolved question in the history. I know guys think the same thing about girls which leads me to this question.

How in the world does love work with so many unanswered questions about the opposite sex?

We may never know, but the least we can do is try.

The piece of paper in my coat pocket got heavier with each step I took away from the graveyard. I can't believe he gave me his number! After years of hoping I could get up the nerve to even smile at him, he gives me number! Voluntarily! 

But I still couldn't believe he was Sadie's brother. How I never made that connection, I will live forever wondering. Their eyes, the way he smiles and his eyebrow picks up a bit was the same with Sadie. Two peas in a pod.

Like Trevor and I..

It's sort of weird. We have a connection to each other. We have been through similar experiences..does this mean we are kind of acquaintances?

Ugh, it's too late to think about this. I tried to take my mind off of the inter turmoil with Christopher by thinking about what I needed to do today. Go home, make dinner for one, finish next week's homework and come up with some more PING(Post It Note Girl) stuff. 

Tomorrow: Hope

Person: Mikey West

Why?

Mikey lost his scholarship to his favorite school and can't pay for the tuition so I figured, if anyone needs hope right now, it's Mikey.

Quote: "You've gotta have hope.  Without hope life is meaningless.  Without hope life is meaning less and less."

After a 10 minute walk of humming and thinking, I get to my cold wooden door to my little condo. I take out my keys and open the door when I hear a voice calling my name. 

"Hello Confidence, dear!" My neighbor across the street, Mrs. Lunderberg, waves to me. I have been taking care of her cats when she goes to visit her granddaughter in Seattle from time to time. She's a very nice old lady, very nosy though.

I wave back and smile politely. "Hello Mrs. Lunderberg! I would love to chat but I must make some dinner!" She is always saying I'm way too skinny and that I must eat so when I say this, she lets me go immediately.

"Goodie! Have fun, sweetie!" And with that, she turns and struts back into her home. I sigh in relief and walk into my house.

"Dad?" I call out a few times to make sure he wasn't here, which was very slim as he works out of time most of the time and even when he is home, he is holed up in his office, working.

I stalk to my room and close the door behind me. Turning on my ihome, letting shuffle do it's thing, I throw my backpack on the ground and collapse on the feathery sheets of my bed. I breathe out a breath of frustration and close my eyes, letting the sounds of Taylor Swift soothe my sprinting thoughts.

I can't help but feel like today was the start of something..

Something important, something life changing.

*

I woke to a car door slamming shut and keys jiggling in the door.

"Shit!" I scramble off my bed and fix myself in the mirror, making sure no drool was visible. I check the clock.

10:00pm.

I hear him drop his briefcase and throw his keys on the table. I heard him sigh and walk down the hall. I open the door as he was walking past my room.

"Hey dad." I say with a fake smile. He looks at me, as if wondering why I was still living in this house. His green eyes piercing me with boredom, the same green eyes that I had, that used to light up whenever his kids welcomed him home from school, the ones that were full of tears when mom left, then again when Trevor died. 

He grunts and continues walking down the hall and into his office. Not once asking how my day was, if any boys were interested, had I done my homework. Nothing. 

I turn back into my room, closing the door, and walking over to my dresser. I picked up the number I had scribbled down after my mom's lawyer repeated it to me telling me that if I ever wanted to come live with her, to call that number. 

It feels as heavy in my hands as an anvil. I love my dad, I really do, but it's hard never being acknowleged. It's bad enough at school but home too? It's not right. And I love my mom and she seems like she wants to start over and be a mom again, but it's that one simple word at the end of every sentence with her. 

Again.

Again.

Again.

It's like a blindfold over my eyes every time I say it. I shouldn't have to say it. She should have never left, she should have stayed and been a mom, for christ's sake! It's not that hard!

I felt tears threatening to break out of the flood gates. I put the number in a drawer and slam it shut. 

I couldn't do it. No matter how much my dad ignores me, I don't want to live with my mom, the abandoner.

I take out my phone and look for my coat. I dig through the pockets until my fingers grip the piece of paper. I type the number down into my phone and create a new message.

Hicould we meet somewhere?

My fingers lingered over the 'Send' button, debating whether or not to send it. I needed to talk to someone, but could I talk to him? I mean, I just met the guy and he's one of the most popular/hottest guys on campus, so this should be pretty dumb and desperate. But he's also Sadie's brother. 

And with that thought, I pressed 'Send'

Copyright 2012©Lovesoreel

Okay, well..i'm not dead. School, LAX(lacrosse), boys, drama, etc. Life got crazy and I finally just tapped this out! Yay! Have fun reading! :) Sorry for the wait!

Comment? :)

Vote? :)

Fan? :)