Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Amanda's POV-

The entire class I could feel him staring at me periodically, I could see him from the corner of my eye. Yet when I go to fully look at him he's not even looking in my direction, I shake off the thought thinking i'm hallucinating. I head out to the cafeteria I open the big doors and head inside heading towards the busy cafeteria line, I wait for around 10 minutes and the line barely moved. Suddenly it felt as if the entire world stopped, but was soon back to normal. I look around and notice I am sitting at a table by myself with a tray of food in front of me, I look in my pocket and notice I still have all my money. Okay what the hell is going on? I start to eat when someone taps my shoulder, I look behind me and see no one. I look forward again and Luke is sitting in front of me, "miss me?" He questions and I roll my eyes, "in you're dreams." I say and he smirks, "I do." He says and that stupid blush returns to my cheeks, why does he affect me that much? "So where are you from? I f you don' t mind me asking." "oh um i'm from a little island in Australia." He says and I furrow my eyebrows, "really? Don't most people from their have an accent?" I ask and his skin goes a little pale, "uh I have been in Canada for a little while so I got rid of the accent before starting school." He says and I nod, "so whats you're next class?" He asks and I think, "uh history unfortunately." "Really same here," He says and I look at him weird, something is definitely not right. We have all the same classes, ever since I met him weird things have been happening. "Whats you're last class?" I ask and he turns slightly pale again, "uh." Was all he said before I felt that world stoping feeling again, but soon enough it disappeared and I looked at him; he was smiling, and his tan was back. "French," He says and I choke on my drink. "Well it seems we have all the same classes, which is weird cause no one in the school has that with anyone..." I say looking at him questioningly but he kept his cool as he sat there, "aren't you going to eat lunch?" I asked and he looked at me, "already ate." He said and I nod taking a bite of some fries, he just sits there looking at me. "Take a picture it will last longer," I joke but before I knew it he pulled out his phone and took a picture of me. "okay then," I say with a smile. Ten minutes later the bell rings and everyone clears out fo the high school cafeteria, Luke insisted he walked with me to our next classes but I didn't complain. We walked into the class and he sat in the seat beside me, the teacher comes in and begins her long never ending discussion of World War II. I grab my headphone from my sleeve and redo what I did in science this morning, but once it was near my ear it was gone. I thought of the song I was listening to and it literally played in my head, I looked around to see if anyone was listening to music but no one was. Do I have a radio in my head? I thought of a different song and I hear it play, I enjoy the rest of my class with my own personal radio. Once the class ended Luke and I walked to the next and final class, "do you know where my cellphone keeps disappearing to?" I ask him and he looks down as he shakes his head, I feel something in my left pocket and find my phone. "Okay now I'm a little scared..." I say out loud and he looks at me, "don't worry, maybe you just think it's gone when it's closer than you think." He says as we walk into our final shared class of the day.