Chapter 5: Lick and Lust

"Hungry, my little poopsies?"

Ariel turned. Carcass colored faces liquefied over her shoulder. They were beautiful faces attached to beautiful fish tails, but bleached from years under the sea. After all, they were mermaids. Mermaids of Lust.

And they needed the seawitch to purge their passions.

The mermaids gathered as the seawitch appeared. The seawitch was a caecilian, an octopus maid both beautiful and voluptuous. A sinner of Wrath, she controlled the ocean and it's creatures, but the mermaids were her favorite pets. The seawitch used mermaids to lure men to their deaths.

It was a symbiotic existence. The seawitch had the power to capsize any ship, but she preferred foreplay. Like a bizarre fisherman, she caught men by using mermaids as bait. The mermaids seduced sailors into the sea where the seawitch waited with open jaws. In this coexistence, the mermaids sated their desires and the sea witch sated her wrath for mankind .

"My lovelies." The seawitch purred. "Come to me."

Ariel swam with her sisters and together they groveled to the seawitch like worms. Breathing in octopus ink, she lowered as the oil coated her lips and nostrils. The seawitch's tentacle caressed her red hair all the way to the birthmark on her lower back - a vertical infinity knot with an inverted heart.

Ariel, like her sisters, was a mermaid of Lust. She played the seawitch's game to kill sailors with suffocating kisses, strangling tongue, and venomous love songs. And Ariel never swayed from the practice or doubted the seawitch's command, because it quenched her lust.

Until today. Until she saw the boy...and helped him steal from Captain Hook.

Ariel turned for fear the seawitch would read her mind, but also to hide a very small smile. The boy was nothing particularly special, she'd drown all manner of men before. The boy had wild, ratty hair to match a wild, ratty comportment. His face was hard as stone, but when Ariel swam beneath him she saw a baby button nose and soft, teal-grey eyes in the boy's reflection.

Ariel wanted him. His arrow hit her heart and she burned with desire, more than ever before. But she wanted him not just once. Not just twice. Not just thrice. Not just for a kiss. Not just until he drowned in the fathoms below. She wanted the boy forever.

So, Ariel helped the boy. Rising from the murk, she swam him to the Jolly Roger and escorted him back to shore. Without Ariel's buoyancy and speed, the boy would have never escaped Captain Hook's pirates... because he had kidnapped a girl.

Ariel hated to free the boy, especially with the girl. But his grateful smile was well worth the ache. It also gave Ariel a devilish idea. A idea to become part of his world.

"My lovely, dovey, poopsie, woopsies."

The seawitch rolled her tentacle under Ariel's chin. Ariel lifted as the suctions pushed against her glands.

"Tell mommy...." the seawitch twirled upwards, tentacles spinning like a saw. She pointed to the bottom of a longboat outlined by moonlight. "...who's hungry?"

In unison the mermaids rose. Flicking around the seawitch they surrounded longboat, singing a haunting hymn.

Ariel snaked between her sisters as they vied for possession of the sailors aboard the longboat. Normally she partook in the petty frenzy, but this time she refrained. The image of the boy was locked in her memory, and Ariel was disinterested in the new prey.

"What's the matter dearie?"

Ariel hissed. A mermaid with shimmering orange hair scratched her back. She slashed as the redhead laughed and a blonde squeezed her chest.