Chapter 1 - Lets Go!

I woke up to the the regular site of the California sun shining in my eyes. I let out a yawn and ran my fingers through my long, golden hair. I lay in bed for a few more minutes before getting the energy to get up and do something. I walked over to my closet and picked out some black jeggings and a grey cropped USA sweatshirt. I grabbed some other essentials from my drawer and walked into my ensuite, locking the door behind me. I sat my clothes on top of the toilet and turned on the shower to a toasty-but-not-burning-hot temperature. I undressed and hopped in, washing my hair first, then my body. Today was going to be a lazy day.

Once I was clean I turned the shower off and pulled the big fluffy towel of the radiator and wrapped myself up to dry whilst I brushed my hair. As I stood infront of the mirror I let out a sigh and gave myself a small look of disgust. I have never been the prettiest girl, but, since I was 13 I had started to accept my looks a bit more. I wasn't that bad looking I suppose, and with the help of a little makeup, I looked and felt a bit better.

When I was finally dressed and glammed up, I skipped out of the ensuite and over to my desk, where a bowl of fruit and a mug of coffee sat that my mom had obviously brought up whilst I was in the shower. I opened up my iMac, typed in my password and picked at my fruit bowl as I waited for my home screen to load. Once loaded I opened up Tumblr and took a sip of my coffee as I scrolled through all the new posts people had reblogged over night. A few things caught my eye, like a pretty sunset or some cute plants, but one post in particular had my attention. A photo of a girl, about my age, on a penny board skating along the streets of LA in a really cute hipster outfit. She was so pretty, with long, brown flowing hair and a nose peircing. Bright apple green eyes and perfectly shaped eyebrows. I don't know what it was about this post, but something about it got my energy levels up. My head shot over to the penny board I have never touched that sat in the corner of my room and grinned. It was time for a change. No more boring days. I needed more adventure in my life than sitting behind my laptop screen.