Chapter 3: What's Going On Here?

Some stuff happens here so I'd read this if I were you. Nothing else to say really, enjoy!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

   Trying to take care of a fox shifter near a pack of wolf shifters that you are a part of without getting anyone suspicious is harder than it sounds. Or maybe it isn't, maybe it's just as hard. Either way, it's pretty difficult. For the last three days I've been trying to bring Violet at least two meals a day and medicine for her wounds. She can walk a bit now, but if she tried to leave the pack's territory and was discovered, there was no way she would be able to get away from them. The strange part is, usually when I get to her she's pacing around as if looking for something and whimpering, but not because of her wounds. I've asked her about it, but she said she was just looking for me. I'm not so sure I believe that.

"I'm gonna go out to the woods again." I announced to the people I'd been hanging with in the living room.

"Soon you'll be living there." Aaden said.

"Hey, I'm a very outdoorsy person, and I've got this special spot..." I said, trying to make it all sound normal.

"Is it near the west woods?" Aaden asked, suddenly serious.

   "Uh, no it's to the north." I lied.

   "Well stay away from the west woods. Remember we heard those cries?"

   "Yeah, I remember." I said, heading out the door.

When I made it to Violet I jumped at the sight of a guy standing in front of her. I growled, and he turned around with fright, but I knew he would fight if he had too.

"Stop!" Violet yelled. We both turned to her.

"Landon she's been taking care of me." she said.

"Landon? What?" I said, completely confused. Did she know him?

"Mac, this is my friend. We got separated when a pack found us near their territory, that's how I got hurt. It wasn't your pack though, it was pretty far from here. I don't know how I made it this far."

"You know this girl? She's from a pack?" the guy, Landon, asked.

"She found me out here and she took care of me. She's new to packs and skulks and all the shifter groups, so she didn't know about us not supposed to be friends or anything, but luckily she doesn't care." Violet explained, finishing with a small giggle.

   Landon seemed to relax a bit more, but I still didn't really know who he was. But that wasn't what was bothering me the most. It was weird... Could it-no because...

   'Ria?' I said through our link. No reply.

   'Ria are you okay?' I asked.

   'What the...' she finally answered.

   'What?' I asked. She didn't reply.

   "Are you okay?" Landon asked me. I was almost as unsure of him as before Violet said anything.

   "What are you?" I asked him.

   "I'm a lynx shifter." he said. Okay, not what I expected...

   "Then how do you know Violet?"

   "Her skulk rejected her, and I met her, and well, we became friends." he explained.

   "So what about you then?"

   "What do you mean? I'm a lynx shifter, we live in our own."

   I did a mental face palm. Duh. And how would I of all people forget that? I love lynxes!

   "Never mind." I said, trying to get off that subject.

   Now that I looked closer, Landon seemed to have the same facial expression as me, except he hid it better. Did he feel... It, too?

   'Ria what is this that I'm feeling? It seems kinda familiar, but it's... Not as distinct? I don't know, I don't even know what it is...'

   'How the heck could... What is happening Mac I'm freaking out here!'

   'I asked you!' I replied.

   'Mac I think...'

   'What?'

   'I think he's our... M-mate.'

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

O.M.G.
Did I just write a short chapter??? Whoops, been awhile since I did that... Hope you liked it! Sorry for the cliffhanger, I had to. 😊 Btw for those who might not know a skulk is a group of foxes, I don't think I clarified that.

Edited for errors

Unicorn_Of_Narnia