Revelations

Secrets revealed!!

Happy Reading!

******

"Is it? Is it Jaffar?"

Mayra and Faiza froze in horror. Both of them looked at Aamir who was standing a few feet away, his hand clutching the water glass so tight that it was on the verge of shattering.

The phone dropped from Mayra's hand. Never before in her life had she felt such panic because never before was she hiding a secret and now that the secret was being revealed, in front an extremely angry Aamir no less, her mind dropped into a frenzy of fearful thoughts.

"A..Aamir? How.. how do you...?"

Aamir took a menacing step forward towards Faiza at her stuttered question. "How do I know that its Jaffar who is blackmailing you? Oh dear, I know far more than you think. He's been bothering you for quite sometime, hasn't he? Phone calls and all."

Faiza instinctively took a step back, her hand pressed to her throat, her eyes widening, "how do you know all this?"

"Look here, Faiza!" Aamir snapped, walking straight into her face and pointing a threatening finger at her. "You are going to ask no more questions. You hear me? Not one more! I will ask and you will answer! For your sake, I hope you answer truthfully, or there'll be hell to pay!"

Faiza bobbed her head up and down.

"What does the bastard want?"

Mayra flinched at the word. She hated it when Aamir used foul language. Forever had it all been directed towards her. Now, even for someone else, the words still caused her discomfort.

"Money. A million dollars. I told him I don't have so much money. He .. he wants me.. to.."

"To what!" Aamir snarled.

"To ask Mayra to give the money! Now that you gifted her those shares!" Faiza cried out miserably. "He knows whatever is going on! He must be here somewhere. I don't know what to do! If Irfan finds out.."

She broke off in horror at the prospect of her husband finding out the truth.

Aamir stepped back and pinched the bridge of his nose. Breathing in deeply, he tried to rein in his temper. He wouldn't lose it. He wouldn't repeat his mistakes.

Damn it!

Both Mayra and Faiza jumped and he realised he had sworn out loud.

Taking a deep breath in, he said, "we need to talk about this. I want you two to come with me. Right now."

Mayra snatched Faiza's phone from the ground and stuffed it into her hand. They both walked quickly behind Aamir who in stead of going back to the ballroom, walked to the reception.

"A room for the night, please."

While the receptionist arranged for the room and handed him the keys, Aamir made quick calls to Zaheer and to Khalid to join him in the room he booked immediately.

Mayra belatedly realised what he was doing. He was building up his army. He was pulling in his forces to tackle whatever Jaffar threw his way. He was trying to protect his family. Tears sprung into her eyes as she watched him take control so that no harm would come to her or to Faiza.

Aamir grabbed the keys and turned, almost running in to Mayra. He saw her tearful gaze upon his face but knowing that he was hard pressed for time he simply grabbed her hand and pulled her along to the elevators, leaving Faiza alone to follow behind them miserably.

Faiza wrung her hands nervously. She was deathly afraid of what was going on. Everything was going to spill out now. Everything that she had tried to hide was going to be out in the open for all to see. Tears flowed down her cheeks when she thought of her future. How would she live without Irfan? How would she survive? And their baby? How would she bring up her child all by herself?