The show must go on

Sam came back after an hour. He found Dean working outside on the impala. No sigh of John.
"Hey Dean " Sam said.
"Hey tiger" Dean replied. "Where have you been?"
"Just hangin in the library.. Where's dad? "
"Inside cooking..!" Dean said.
"Are you ok?" Sam asked worriedly.
"Sammy, relax. I'm good as new." He said, leaving out the fact that he had taken 3 strong painkillers already, just to be able to walk.
"Are you cool with dad? "
"Yes, Sammy. Everything's fine. " Dean replied tiredly.
"Am I going to get punished as well??" Sam asked. All the way back home he has been thinking about this moment. He was kind of afraid. He knew his dad was a good man but he was also severe with his boys. When he laid down the law, it wasn't pleasant.
"No, I don't think so Sammy. Why would you be punished?"
"For the trouble I got you in,for the fight I shouldn't have taken part, for my behavior...." Sam said looking down.
While he said those things, he didn't hear John approaching them.
"No Samuel. I won't punish you today. I already gave enough punishment for one day. I just came back. I need some rest. But I want you to be extra careful from now on. I understand that you grow up everyday, but putting your life in danger like that will get in you trouble. Do I make myself clear?" John said sternly.
"Yes sir. Absolutely!"
"Fine. Boys I'm going to get some sleep. You are free from your training today. You can go have some fun, as long as you stay together!! Dean, do not take the car."
"Yes sir. I wouldn't dream of sitting anywhere in the near future..." Dean replied ironically.
John didn't reply. He just gave them one last look.
"So Sammy, where do you want to go?"
"With no car, we don't have many options you know..."
"What about walking to the park? I'm sure there'll be plenty chicks there.." Dean said.
"Oooo come on Dean. Look at what your midnight adventure put you through. Aren't you bored of them?" Sam said stubbornly.
"I'll never have enough..."