Auditorium

"Sir, we're really sorry. Just give us a second chance to prove you that it wasn't our fault and...." dean tried saying.

"Since I'm not in the mood today, I'll punish only one of you. I'll leave you half an hour to decide who it will be. It's up to you. Just so you know it's going to be severe. And it will be public. For the whole school to see. This is an educational mistake." Smith said and left the room.

"Ok Sammy. I've got this. Don't worry." Dean said.

"What dean? Are you kidding? You will not take the fall for me. It was technically me who ruined the stupid clock in the first place."

"Screw the clock. I will not let this sick bastard lay a hand on you. If dad knew about this...."

"Well I think he does dean. He sent us here for a reason. Not only for the case but also for me to get in line."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Dean said.

"I know dean. Yesterday night I heard him talk to bobby. "It will be good for the kid. Get the thing he deserves." "

"Sammy this can't be true. You must've misheard. They can't be talking about you."

"It's ok dean. I will get in line. I made the best effort after flagstaff not to piss him off. "

"Sammy, that's not about it and you know it. Anyway, I'll get the beating and it's over. I'm stronger, older and prettier than you."

"What does that have to do with anything jerk?"

"It's because I said so bitch."

Suddenly the door opened. "The whole school is gathered in the hall. So who will it be?" The principal said

"It will be me sir" dean said.
"No, dean. Stop it. It was my fault sir."
"Well, i see here that we have two eager men to get a beating. Nice.... usually everyone is trying to accuse someone else. But not you two. That's really interesting. Because I like your sacrificial style I will give you a free pass. You'll get only 20 with the wooden paddle and not 30 as I had in mind. But you'll do my everyday chores and work with me until you pay off the clock. Sooo who will take the beating and who will be everyday with me??" said Smith.

The Winchester boys didn't answer.
"Ok then. The older one will take the beating and the younger one will be in my office, because he looks more intellectual ." Smith said with a sadistic smile.

Dean couldn't say or do anything. The principal had spoken. He was relieved to take the beating in the place of Sam, but he didn't want to leave Sam with this sadist man everyday.
But he couldn't object one more time. So they both followed the principal to the giant hall. It was like a place that in ordinary schools they did their festivities but here.... not so much. It had many rows of chairs that all looked to the stage. In the stage was just a wooden chair and a desk. It was an auditorium of discipline!!
Mr Smith approached the stage with dean by his side and Sam following.
Dean was cringing all the way up. Sam was so nervous not knowing how to get his brother out of this situation.

"We are gathered here today,to punish these boys who acted foolishly in our school. We are going to show them that nothing gets by here without discipline. And for this reason I brought here for help a special friend" smith said and he pulled out a wooden paddle.

All the boys in their places started murmuring and looking at each other.
Dean was trying to act calm but failing at it.
"Mr winchester will receive 30 hits with the paddle" smith said to the boys gathered. "If you move or try to leave we'll start over. Understood??"

"Yes, sir." Dean said scared as hell. The last time he felt like that, was with his dad several months ago. He was like a lost puppy. Sam hadn't seen this sight of his brother for a long time. This made him feel sick. He made a move forward to reach him, but dean immediately understood it and put on his brave face.
"All is well" he whispered.

He went to the desk and bent over facing the stage. He was feeling vulnerable and small. Behind him smith smiled sardonically.
"Well, mr winchester you look like you've been in this position before. Your foster family must have trained you a lot. Or did your mommy spanked you???" Smith whispered, so only dean and Sam  could hear him.
"Shut your mouth! You know nothing about my family!" Dean shouted.

Smith turned red. His face was so angry that could explode. And just like that he started hitting with all his force without counting.

Dean didn't shout from the pain or talked in any way. He just stood there, bent over the desk. He knew that he could stop him but that would mess the hunt, and John would be really angry.

Sam tried to stop Smith by holding his hand, but the exact moment someone grabbed him and took him behind the curtains.

Sam tried to fight him. "Stop it, leave me alone." Then he saw it was mr Duncan.
"Stop fighting son. You can't help your brother right now. No one can. If I had let you intervened it would have been worse."

"Why is he doing this??" Sam said.

"I don't know. He was always like that, harsh with the boys, just like his father before him. But the words that came from your brother's mouth made him so angry that I haven't seen him many times before."

In the meantime dean started leaving muffled sobs with each hit. The paddle wouldn't stop falling. It was like every time was worse than the other. His ass was on fire. Dean stopped counting after 25. They were so harsh and so fast that he lost count. He knew he was in front of an auditorium full of children. He wouldn't kill him. Although he felt like it. He was shivering and trembling from the pain. He couldn't manage to withhold his cries. The pain was so intense. Fortunately, he thought, Sam isn't here to see me or hear me.

He was hoping for a guardian angel to come and save him. Actually, he didn't have a problem getting a beating. It was just pain. It was nothing emotional like the last time with dad. This was just school. But it was like smith had hit a button when he mentioned their mother. Dean couldn't handle it.

The paddling kept on and on. Tears were streaming down his face from the pain. There was no end.

Suddenly, dean thought he was dreaming, he heard the voice of Sam.
"Please stop. You'll kill him."

He wanted to say " no Sammy it's ok. Go away." But he couldn't. He had no strength. And just like that he lost consciousness.