Discovery

We had introduced several Yoga positions under the guise of stretching. When we started using the tree pose and eagle pose Winter exclaimed "this is similar to a Yoga."

"Really; don't really know much about Yoga" was all that Summer could come back with in response.

"Neither do I! You see Yoga is another of the banned activities of the Society."

"Is it dear? Why is that?" Mum queried

"It's a religion." Winter hesitantly spoke before continuing with "I think? I mean I don't really know!"

"It's used in the Hindu religion and augments with their culture and there is chanting and carry on combined with prayer is about as much as I know." Mum confidently submitted.

"I guess stretching is stretching. I've seen similar stuff in the Pilates class down at the local pool." Summer adds in not allowing the matter to drop.

"If Yoga is forbidden I'm sure it would be for the religious aspect and not for anything like what we are doing the physical aspects of the body. I'll just get my computer and Google it" I say quickly leaving the room.

"I'm not really allowed to do that" Winter says as I return to the room.

"Do what?"

"Use the internet?"

"Really; is that why you're not on Facebook." I cunningly throw.

"I guess it would be OK for me to find out though" I add not looking at her or wanting a reply; silently hoping she will not react to my clearly crossing a boundary.

"It says; Yoga is a physical, mental and spiritual discipline originating 500 years BC and is used in Hinduism, Buddhism and a couple of other ism's I can't pronounce. Wow that's a really long time isn't it!" I continue

"I guess there is a possibility that some of these exercises may also be Yoga exercises. Perhaps if you pray to your God while doing these exercises that might make it Yoga. Have you been praying?"

Winter says "No!"

"I guess it's not Yoga then! It takes all three parts to make it Yoga. Anyway how can the improvements we have made to our bodies be in any way bad? Your pains are gone? Right?"

"I've never felt better." Winter boldly stated.

"Great lets finish off todays workout or we will be late for school." Summer said leaving no doubt we should discontinue our conversation and resume stretching.

At lunch we were discussing the English Assignment we had been given. We weren't getting anywhere with it mainly because Jasmine seemed to be stymieing our progress with constant red herrings.

"I know" she said "we should get Justin to help us after all he is the class ace". Without any further comment she upped and scurried off. Returning a few minutes later with Justin in tow.

Justin explained it all quite clearly with Jasmine nodding furiously in support throwing in the odd "yeah" and "told you so".

"Hang on; wasn't that what I was saying before and you said it was a ruse! Now Justin's here you've completely changed your arguments" Winter expressed completely frazzled by Jasmine's changed position.

"Winter; that's no way to talk to Jasmine when she was only trying to help clarify the matter for us" I say.

"I'm sorry Jasmine. I'm not sure what happened then. Thank you for getting Justin to help us resolve everything clearly." Winter expressed in her normal manufactured voice.