Uncle Harry

It was Monday morning but after my hospital episode at the weekend my Aunt had let me stay home from school to rest. Physically I felt fine, mentally...not so much. There were so many unanswered questions about La Push running through my mind that I was struggling to remember things that we're important; like math homework, for example. Jake was always on hand when I didn't understand something, but he was at school whilst I was stuck at home in bed. After about an hour alone with my thoughts, I decided I would go for a walk along the beach to clear my head. Luckily, Aunt Sue and Uncle Harry were out at work which meant I could leave the house freely; if they were here there's no chance they'd let me leave unsupervised after what happened last time.

I dressed myself in a simple sweater and leggings before adding a scarf and coat, since the weather had massively dropped in the past couple of days. I didn't bother with makeup since I figured I wouldn't be seeing anyone I knew, and I would be home before anyone else.

I was just about to leave when I thought I ought to leave a note, just incase I didn't get home on time. It was possible that Leah would skip school and realize that I wasn't home. I quickly scribbled out that I was at the beach and would be careful before heading out the door.

The cool sea breeze blew strands of my hair across my face as I sat down on a rock that faced the water. I really did like it here, but I had to know why there were so many secrets.

Why was Sam so important to the group? How did Jacob know exactly where to find me in the woods? Who was the redheaded woman and what did she want?

The crash of a huge wave against the shore shocked me and I snapped back to reality. The water began lapping at the edge of the rocks where I was sat and I didn't really feel like walking home with wet ankles, so I figured now was the time to start heading home. I looked down at my phone absentmindedly as I walked, only to notice that I had 8 missed calls; 4 from Seth, 3 from Jake and one from Leah. I also had 3 new messages.

'From: Jacob
Léna, something happened at your house. Can you come home please?

From; Leah
You need to come home, urgent

From; Seth
El something happened to my father. Where are you?'

Shit. Was Uncle Harry ok? I had only been gone for just less than two hours. I picked up the pace and soon enough I was just 5 minutes from our house. I turned the corner only to be greeted by multiple police cars and flashing lights. Before I could question anything I felt a pair of big arms squeeze me into a hug.

'J...Jacob? What's going on? Is everyone ok?'

It wasn't hard to notice that Jacob had been crying; his eyes were red and puffy and his face held a sullen expression.

'Jake?'

'Eléna, it's your Uncle Harry, he...he had a heart attack.'

'Oh my God is he ok?'

Nothing.

'Jacob, is he alright?'

'Eléna...he's...he's dead.'

*****************************************

damn dramaaa finally haha
rip uncle harry:'(

thankyou all for reading

♡♡♡♡