Chapter 10

Ethan stopped Little Ethan and Jane before they ran into Theresa's room to see their mother. Ethan was sure how he was going to explain their mother's condition to Little Ethan and Jane. But he had to so Theresa wouldn't get confused until she regained her memory.

"Ethan, Jane." Ethan began to exlain to his children. "I need to talk to you before you see your mother."

"Mommy is going to be okay, right daddy?" Jane asked him.

"Yes, Jane darling, mommy will be fine."

"So why do you need to talk to us, daddy? Little Ethan asked his father.

"There's a slight glitch with your mother." Ethan began.

"What's wrong, daddy?" Jane asked.

"Well, Jane, Ethan, for now when you see your mother, you can't reveal that you're her children."

"But why, daddy?" Jane asked, with Little Ethan listening.

"Because mommy has what we call amnesia." Ethan explained to his children. "Do you know what amnesia is?"

Little Ethan nodded, but Jane just shook her head.

"It means that mommy can't remember her life after the age of 21." Ethan explained. "Mommy can't remember who you are right now."

"What do we do, daddy?" Little Ethan asked.

"Well, until mommy gets her memory back, we'll just tell mommy you're my children with Gwen." Ethan explained, as much as he hated saying it.

"Okay, daddy, we got it." Little Ethan said, with Jane nodding in agreement.

"Thank you, you two." Ethan said, giving Little Ethan and Jane a hug.

"Can we go see mommy now?" Jane asked.

"Yes, you can. But remember what we discussed." Ethan reminded Jane.

Jane ran into Theresa's room with her brother right behind her to make sure Jane didn't slip up and call Theresa 'mommy."

"Well, who are you two adorable children?" Theresa asked Ethan.

Before Little Ethan and Jane could say anything, Ethan chimed in, "Gwen thought our children might like to see you, since they are so attached to you."

After he said it, Ethan hated lying to her, but he couldn't confuse Theresa especially since she was pregnant with their third child and managed to survive the cancer.

"But why would Gwen allow her children to visit me?" Theresa asked, confused, knowing her trials with Gwen.

"Gwen wanted to do the right thing." Ethan lied.

Suddenly, Theresa felt a twinge in her abdomen, "Oh, I just felt a twinge in my stomach."

Ethan knew it had to be the baby kicking. How was he going to explain how she was pregnant when Theresa thinks he is married to Gwen.

"It's crazy, but it felt like a baby kicking inside me?" Theresa asked confused. "Ethan, am I pregnant?"

"Yes, Theresa, you are?" Ethan said, not know what to say.

"Are you the father?" Theresa asked. "Did we?"

"Yes, Theresa, we did. Before I married Gwen."

As Ethan and the children visited with Theresa, Ethan still felt bad lying to Theresa. He just hoped that Theresa got her memory back soon.

Meanwhile, Alistair was fuming that Theresa survived cancer and that blasted baby of her survived as well. He wanted Theresa dead and he would find a way to rid the world of Theresa Lopez-Fitzgerald Crane Winthrop!