Chapter 11

Ethan tried to be strong for the children and for Theresa's sake. But Alistair had other plans.

"Gwen? We need to talk?" Alistair said after Gwen answered the phone.

"Okay. Alistair. I'll bite. What could we possibly have to talk about?" Gwen asked with curiosity. She thought Alistair wanted nothing to do with her after her and mother's scam to make Ethan believe that Ethan Jr. wasn't his.

"I'll let you know as soon as you get to the Crane mansion." Alistair said, more of a demand than a request.

"I'll be right there." Gwen said before hanging up.

As Gwen headed over to the Crane mansion, she wondered what request Alistair wanted.

Alistair was waiting in the parlor when Gwen arrived at the Crane mansion.

"OK, Alistair. What is that was so important?" Gwen said irritated that she had to meet with Alistair.

"Don't get snippy with me!" Alistair told her. "What I'm about to tell you is what you've always wanted!"

"And what could you possibly give me?" Gwen said. The only thing Gwen wanted was Ethan, and she was sure she Ethan was sick of her after everything she had done.

"I want you to come between Theresa and Ethan." Alistair told her.

"Um, do you not remember anything? Ethan made it clear that he wanted nothing to do with me

"Um, do you not remember anything? Ethan made it clear that he wanted nothing to do with me." Gwen reminded him. "So how am I supposed to come between Theresa and Ethan? Especially now that she's pregnant with their third child?"

"You haven't heard?"

"Heard what?

"Theresa has amnesia."

"So?"

"This would be the perfect time to remind Ethan what you shared." Alistair explained. "By the time Theresa gets her memory back—if she ever does—you will have cemented your bond with Ethan and Theresa will be out in the cold."

"Sorry, Alistair. I won't do that."

"And why not?"

"Because I have a nice thing going with someone else."

"End it then! I want you with Ethan! And Theresa out!"

"I can't end things with your grandson, Fox!"

"If you don't, I will ruin your relationship with Fox!" Alistair threatened.

"How will you do that?" Gwen questioned, knowing there was nothing Alistair had on her.

"Ah, but you forget that Fox knows nothing what you did to Theresa and Ethan. I can remind him just what you did!"

"You wouldn't!"

"I will if you don't end it and make the moves on Ethan."

"Okay." Gwen said giving in to Alistair's demands. "You know this is extortion!"

"I'm a Crane! What can they possibly do to me?!"

Gwen left the Crane mansion wondering how she was going to tell Fox that it was over. And how was she going to resume things with Ethan after everything she did to him and Theresa?

 And how was she going to resume things with Ethan after everything she did to him and Theresa?