Chapter 2: Pokemon Battles are Half the Battle

-Black-

"Tepig, use Tackle!" Bianca squealed.

Tepig lunged at Oshawott and knocked him out of my arms. Oshawott screamed as he was almost sent out the window but I caught him just in time. I shut my window and flung my Oshawott at Tepig like a tomahawk. The Pokemon bounced off of each and fell to the ground.

"Oshawott, what moves do you have?" I asked quickly as I noticed Tepig was recovering.

"T-Tackle I think," He answered.

"Such variety." I rolled my eyes. "Use Tackle!"

Oshawott reluctantly charged at Tepig who easily dodged his sorry excuse for an attack. Instead of hitting Tepig, Oshawott rammed into my bookshelf. Books started to hail on Tepig and Oshawott as the shelf started tipping over.

"Get out of there!" I barked.

Oshawott jumped away at the last second as Tepig was crushed by the bookshelf.

"Books kill, kids," I said with a smile.

Oshawott panted crazily. "Oh my Arceus! I'm alive! But is he dead? I just killed him! I'm a murderer!"

"He just fainted!" Bianca said cheerfully as she pulled her Pokemon from under the bookshelf and tapped a Pokeball on his head.

"Looks like I'm up next!" Cheren stepped up.

"And Stabbatha wants to battle too!"

"This only a one-on-one match, best friend."

"Street rules!"

"Snivy use Tail Whip!"

The Grass-Type waved his tail in front of my Pokemon. It did absolutely nothing and I was confused to what the purpose of it was.

"Oh Arceus! I can feel my defenses lowering!" Oshawott whined.

"I just realized that this entire thing is stupid. Just use Tackle." I rubbed my temples.

Oshawott flung himself at Snivy and they both went flying into my TV. A spider web of cracks appeared after they slammed into it.

I sighed. "That was my only way of playing my GameCube, the one thing that makes life worth living. Oh well. Oshawott, use Tackle. An try not to destroy my prized possessions."

"Sorry, mast-" Oshawott was suddenly kicked in the face by Snivy.

Oshawott bounced across the floor and landed upside down against the wall.

"Owwwww!" My Pokemon winced.

Snivy came down hard on Oshawott, punching him at lightning fast speeds.

"Oshawott, do something!" I yelled.

"I'm trying!" Oshawott yelled back.

Snivy dealt one final blow to Oshawott's jaw. He sent him flying into a wall, breaking through the drywall.

"Well, it looks like I win, Black. Even when we were kids I-" Cheren started to say.

Suddenly, Oshawott leapt from the hole and delivered his opponent an uppercut. Snivy was sent into the air. Oshawott removed his shell and started slashing Snivy in mid air.

"IT'S OVER 9,000!!!" I yelled as Oshawott kept Snivy airborne with his attacks.

Finally, Oshawott smacked his shell into Snivy's face. Snivy crashed through my closet door defeated.

"Fatality!" I said in a deep voice.

Oshawott had his back turned to me and was breathing heavily.