Chapter 5: Team White

-Black-

The sky erupted with explosions, forcing me awake. I scrambled to my feet. Confusion and fear turned and mixed in my head and stomach. I heard the roar of unearthly creatures boom in the air. I took in my surroundings. I was in a city that was being reduced to nothing. Rubble and debris towered over me with fire stretching as far as the eye can see.

I thought of Sheldon and my new boss, White. Where were they? I started to call out my Pokemon's name, but was stopped by a horrific shriek. Two gigantic Pokemon soared through the sky and crashed into the building above me. I instantly recognized them as Palkia and Dialga, the Legendary Pokemon of Space and Time. Glass and rubble started to rain down. Despite my being scared shitless, I took off in a dead sprint.

The ground behind me shook from the impact of the falling debris. Explosions and cries of unknown Pokemon continue to drone in the air. I ran a few blocks, making sure I was far away from the two battling Legendaries. Through the chaos, I somehow heard the shouts of teenagers. Given the situation, I decided to duck behind a pillar to a building with the top few stories missing.

I peeked my head out. I saw a boy my age run across the street, straight toward where the action seemed to be. He had a raggedy red jacket with a bloody bandaged side. He had his hair tucked under a backwards black and yellow hat. A squadron of Squirtles followed him.

"Squirtle Squad, let's go kick some ass!" the boy shouted as they ran out of sight.

"What the hell is going on?" I muttered.

I heard a hiss that sent a cold tremor down my spine. The man with two minds.

I whirled around to see myself only without my hat or my jacket. The dead-wringer also had sharp, piercing red eyes. An evil smile was plastered on its face. I instantly knew who it was.

"Hilbert," I grunted.

Hilbert swiftly clutched my throat and slammed me against the pillar. I grabbed his wrist and tried to pry it away. His grip only tightened.

He leaned close and whispered in my ear, "If you think this is bad, you ain't seen nothin' yet. I've got so much more in store. And you're gonna help me do it."

He saw my look of terror and busted into laughter. My whole body became numb and limp. My eyes closed, and I started drifting away.

"GRUNT!!!" an all too familiar voice shouted.

My eyes flicked open and drifted to White standing over me. She was pissed to say the least.

"I've been telling you to get up for the past ten minutes!"

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"You'll be sorry once my foot is a mile up your ass! You have five minutes to get ready before we continue to Straiton City. We have a lot to discuss so don't keep me waiting."

She walked off, leaving me. My head throbbed from her shouting and the dream I had. I couldn't quite remember it. It was just a blur that made me feel dread when I tried thinking about it.

"Master, I really, really don't like her." Sheldon waddled over to me with an apple clutched to his chest.

"Me neither." I crawled out my sleeping bag and jammed my hat back on my head.