Crushing On My Best Friend

Hailey's POV

It was our first day of senior year. You know it kinda hit me this was my last first day of high school. I got early admission to Columbia University, in their Computer Science program. This time next year I would be in New York 3000 miles away from everyone I loved. This would also be the year I would finally tell my best friend Stiles Stilinski that I was hopelessly and completely in love with him. Stiles and I have been friends since I moved to Beacon Hills in Fourth grade. My parents died in a car accident in sixth grade and I had no other family members, so Stiles dad took me in and we've been best friends ever.

Well, I gotta get up at some point. I looked at my phone it was 7:30. We had 15 minutes to get to school.

Shit, Stiles, we got to go, we have to be at the school in 15, I yelled.

I know Hailey thats why I was banging on your door. Said Stiles

"Next time come in a shake me.

"You would enjoy that too much.

Probably, I said with a wink

Since the middle of our junior year, things between Stiles and I have been different. It was like we would flirt with each other. Pick each other for projects. When we would have movie night at our house with our friends he would sit really close to me and hold my hand during scary movies. I felt like I was starting to fall in love with him and it was the most terrifying thing in the world.

"I cant believe that its the first day of senior year and we're going to be late, and our first class is chemistry with Harris, thanks a lot, Stiles," I said pissed off.

"Well whos fault is that?" he said with a smirk

Thats not the point dude! I said

Its not like he need a reason to give us detention.

True.

It was 7:50 when we got into the school parking lot. We ran out of the jeep and tried to get to Harris's classroom before the final bell but that didnt happen. We were two classrooms away that's when the final bell rang and when we got into the classroom, Mr. Harris had the biggest grin on his smug assholey face,

"Well, Mr. Stilinski and Ms. Holmes. Congrats on being the first two this year to get detentions, I'll see you two after school.

I saw that coming. I said

Next time the two of you make sure youre here in time. Said Mr. Harris.

Like it would matter. Mumbled Stiles

Have something to say Mr. Stilinski.

Yeah, youre an Ass.

The whole class started snickering and I thought Harriss head was going to EXPLODE into a thousand pieces.

Since you want to run your mouth Stilinski you have detention for the next week. Said Harris.

Shocker. I said

Excuse me Ms. Holmes?

I have to agree with Stiles you are an ass.

Well I guess Ill be an even bigger ass and give you detention for the next week

too.

Totally saw that coming. I said.

Now if you two are done I have a class to teach find your seats or you will have detention until graduation.

I looked at Stiles and I could that he agreed with me about pushing our luck with him on our first day. We sat down and wrote down everything on the board Mr. Dickforbrains, wrote. Stiles looked at me and said

I have to tell you something.

He looked nervous.

Whats up.

How would you feel if I got accepted to Columbia?

wh. uhhhhhhh.

I probably looked like a deer in headlights. He laughed

What do you mean? If this is a joke so help me I will kill you in your sleep.

Im serious Hails, I got accepted to Columbia.

Shut the front door, I said just a little too loud.

Ms. Holmes would you like to make it 3-week detention. MR. Harris said

No, sir, I answered quietly

Then be quite and take the notes on the board.

I couldnt believe that Stiles and I were going to Columbia together. I swear this was going to be a very interesting year.