An Unlikely Pair

Loke's POV (SAY WHAAAAAT?!)

It's been weeks.

Or has it been months?

Who can say?

After months of searching the seas, I still had no trace of Lucy.

Sweet Lucy.

I can tell the day I left the palace King Jude didn't regret selling his daughter. I had enough regret and sorrow in my heart for the both of us, though.

Ever since we were little, Princess Lucy and I was always there for each other. We was constantly together.

Things always seemed alright with her.

Of course, as we aged my admiration for her only grew, and...branched out to other feelings.

I knew my love for her was forbidden, and I just didn't care.

I had loved Lucy Heartfilia and I wanted the world to know it.

I still love her, even though she's with him.

Im sure him and his pathetic cahoots have done got ahold of her innocence, and for her sake, I hope she's alright.

No lord or prince would ever take her now. But I would.

I would bring her home in my arms. The townspeople would have a parade in my honor. Sir Loke the Brave. They would call me. Her father would realize his mistake and reward for his daughter's return with her hand in marriage.

And we would live happily ever after.

Making my way through the busy street of a small fishing town, I dreamed of her. Would she still have her sweet flowery smell? Would her dress be perfectly smoothed and each hair on her pretty little head in place?

Settling on a bar, I pushed open the squeaky door. No one paid no mind to me, considering it was fairly busy. Barmaids in skimpy little dresses was at every table serving large mugs of beer and flirting with their customers. I made my way to the bar and sat on the chipped, red stool. A middle aged women in a dress way too small for her rather large body came over my way. "What can I getcha', sweet pea?" She asked in an stereotypical southern accent. "Beer." I mutter, resting my face in my hands.

Lucy, please be okay... I thought hopelessly.

The large mug full of the orange, life-ruining liquid was slid down the bar, until it stopped directly in front of me. I nodded as thanks and began chugging the thing.

"Easy there, man." I looked beside me to see a blue haired man in a dark cloak. Strange enough, he had a large triangular shaped tattoo covering one of his eyes.

"What's it to you?" I glare at him.

He raises his hands as if surrendering. "Just trying to save you from a world of hurt." Sitting down next to me, he raises his hand to signal the barmaid and orders the same thing.

"If it's so bad, then why are you drinking?" I ask, not minding my own rude tone.

Returning with his drink, the barmaid quickly retreated into the back room. Taking a decent swig, he grinned at me after he gulped it down. "Because, my dear friend, I have nothing to look forward to."

I scoffed. "And I do?"

"Why else would you be here?"

"What do you mean? You said men who drink ruin their lives."

"Yes, but to ruin your life, you would have to have one first." He pointed out, taking another drink.

"You're strange." I told him, appalled by his foreign words.

"It is known." He says simply.

"I never got your name." I point out.

"It is also known." He says.

"Are you gonna tell me?" I ask him, getting annoyed.

"For what noble purpose do you have that requires my name?" He asks.

"I'm just trying to make polite conversation." I say, defending myself.

"Why don't we go back to the reason why a guy like you is ruining your life in a bar?" He says with a smirk.

"Why don't you tell me your name?" I comeback.

"Fair enough, however I never introduce myself first."

Giving in, I hold out my hand. "I'm Loke, the fiercest man you'll ever meet."

Accepting my hand with a glint in his eyes, he says "Jellal. The most interesting man you'll ever meet." I scoff at him. "I highly doubt that."

"I don't." He boasts confidently, and I roll my eyes at him. "Now tell me why you want to drown your "pain" in more pain."

I sighed. "I'm trying to find someone."

"That's very helpful information." He says sarcastically.

"Helpful? When have you ever been helpful?"

"Quite often, actually. I've saved many a damsels in my short years of living."

"Yeah, and I bet you committed sin right after, Mister Saint." I muttered.

"I did nothing of the sort." He said honestly. "However, this isn't about me. This is about you finding this 'someone'."

"Well, it's a girl..." I start to explain.

"I certainly didn't peg you as anything other than such."

"Hush!" I command, and to my surprise, he obliges. "Now, she is very special to me. I was actually in charge of protecting her." I sighed. "Good that did though. Her father so- I mean married her off to someone. Someone not good for her. So I'm off to rescue her, I play the knight role quite well."

Jellal sat there for a moment, concentration etched across his face, and then he whispered. "Princess Lucy."

A/N:

I do apologize for jumping off the face of the Earth. BUT, WE HIT 4K. I honestly didn't discover this until recently so I decided I should stop being a professional procrastinator and do this! I do apologize for doing the "PLEASE HELP ME" thing. I think it confused a lot of people because I didn't explain it well. But, now there is a new chapter and lovely plot twists are forming in my wondrous little head.

Dedication to: buttercup1070 for commenting Erza and Jellal, however since Erza was already mentioned in the story(again, sorry for the confusion about that), I used Jellal instead to add some conflict and POSSIBLE ROMANCE. DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN!

But thank you to everyone who commented.

SO HERE IS THE SHOUTOUT LIST:

liljj10

RS9411

averrae

xiomara-chan

TwilightStars159 (Cool username btw :3)

Fairytailrules12345

Animegirl5

unicornnn_

allonsyelric

ShadowHunt4545

ArelisDegado